Source Interlink or whatever they are can simply bite me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Interlink or whatever they are can simply bite me

Rod and Custom is gone. That sucks, but it's life. Today I got its replacement in my mailbox. Motor Trend.

Really? how about admitting you have nothing for me and refunding my money?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

the whole source interlink thing is a total mess from top to bottom.

Comment

Non-car people think Motor Trend=Hot Rod= Rod and Custom= XXXXXX. So you know that the people making the decisions there are NOT car people - probably Suits. I have the same issue with people thinking that all car racing is the same - Circle Track=Drag racing=LSR=XXXXX - it's all the same in their minds. They probably think you should be happy as they've given you a mag with a bigger circulation. I'm surprised that they didn't send you Glamor or Teen Beat (or whatever else they publish).

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; August 2, 2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Seems Street Rodder would've been a better sub for you.........I've been getting it now for a few years and enjoy the issues.
        It's like half car magazine and half parts catalog.
        Last issue was 154 pages.

(Teen Beat )
        Last edited by Monk; August 2, 2014, 06:49 AM.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Dan, try telling folks you crash cars for fun.. They look scared, back off, shaking their heads.. I personally know two Pharm D's (pharmacists) and one father that drives with hand controls who has a deaf daughter that won the Olympic GOLD in ladies's basketball in the deaf olympics.. Many fine folks run them. But still folks look at us weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Dan, try telling folks you crash cars for fun.. They look scared, back off, shaking their heads.. I personally know two Pharm D's (pharmacists) and one father that drives with hand controls who has a deaf daughter that won the Olympic GOLD in ladies's basketball in the deaf olympics.. Many fine folks run them. But still folks look at us weird!
            you think it's because you crash cars....
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

They just sent you the most popular car mag out there as a replacement.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                They just sent you the most popular car mag out there as a replacement....
                ...with total disregard for your interests as indicated by the magazine you had previously subscribed. Logical reasoning....yeah, I know I just ruined the argument right there....
                Last edited by 68scott385; August 2, 2014, 10:10 AM.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I called today and they switched mine to something I wanted
                  Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird View Post
                    I called today and they switched mine to something I wanted
                    Good to know that they'll do that. I've never subscribed to anything but HR but I do sometimes pick up something at the news stand if it looks interesting - so I really don't have a horse in this race.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

...with total disregard for your interests as indicated by the magazine you had previously subscribed. Logical reasoning....yeah, I know I just ruined the argument right there....

When I had subscriptions, they kept changing mine to stuff like People and Us Weekly. I had to call and change them back constantly.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

When I had subscriptions, they kept changing mine to stuff like People and Us Weekly. I had to call and change them back constantly.
                        Knowing your former occupation that's almost funny. One could imagine that a guy in your position would know plenty of useless celeb news just from proximity.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Knowing your former occupation that's almost funny. One could imagine that a guy in your position would know plenty of useless celeb news just from proximity.

I used to throw them in the car. Celebs stole those mags the most. A few would ask to keep them. I personally didnt like contributing to the demand that had papparazzi chasing me around.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Popular hotrodding, at least for me was replaced with Car Craft.
                            Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

I let all my subs expire, have a stack of CC and HRM sitting here I barely looked at. They killed High Performance Pontiac too, but I haven't had a sub to that in a year either. Somewhat irritated they bought a bunch of magazines and now they are killing them off. How long till HRM goes away but we get to keep Car and Driver and Motor Trend? Print is dying, everyone is online, and its about profit over customer satisfaction.

I have enoughChevy information to last me a few lifetimes. If I ever hit me head and wanna build a 383 so I can throw away 455s, I already know how to build it. Its all you see in print, SBC this, BBC that, Ls swap into everything, and magazines telling everyone that even Pontiac guys don't like our engines, and that they are bad for road courses and crap. That's why I haven't bothered to renew. Same can comparisons, intake swaps, and other crap we have read a few hundred times. Once in a while a ford, Mopar crap that nobody really cares about because it costs more than two Buicks and a flathead, and Chevy in a Pontiac articles over, and over, and over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X