Let's Carefully Analyze "Bored"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Carefully Analyze "Bored"

I so very believe that at least once every ten years, you should wash out the bed of a pickup truck. I think this is vital to the truck's upkeep and lifespan and it also gives the owner something to do when he can't think of anything else to do. Value added, is the professional buzz term.

I'll post photos of the water hose squirting and stuff...if anybody wants to see it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pdub; August 2, 2014, 12:46 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Someone, speaking about children but applicable to all, said "Boredom is NOT a disease". I like that! So if yer bored use it to think interesting thoughts and do interesting things - like wash out your pickup bed.

BTW - I just park mine on a hill on those unusual times that I feel compelled to wash out Truck's bed. Also, he has a tonneau and stays pretty clean.

Dan

Comment

Plug the drain holes and wait for it to start raining. Add some dish soap. When the rain stops take a drive along a curvy road. Park with nose slightly uphill & open the tailgate. Bed cleansing done.

Bedliner makes it a little easier to hold water. I didn't put it in, it came with the truck and it's a good thing too.
      Last edited by 68scott385; August 2, 2014, 03:51 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I sweep my flatbed off every 3rd load.. Be a wheelbarrow of wood bark and sawdust or broken glass.. Never ever wash it off as it gets the driveway greasy, wifey does not like that on her Crocs ...

Comment

Wait, you're supposed to wash trucks?

Comment

I've analyzed "Bored" and while you keep the stock crank you don't gain as much torque as you do with "Stroked".
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              I've analyzed "Bored" and while you keep the stock crank you don't gain as much torque as you do with "Stroked".
              but you more than likely unshroud the valves a little which should be good for a couple of numbers
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

but you more than likely unshroud the valves a little which should be good for a couple of numbers
                And if you take that tight-as-a-snare-drum-head snap-on tonneau-cover thing off of the bed of your truck just to wash the bed of the truck, you'll never stretch it tight enough again to put it back on. So you throw the cover in a heap on the back porch and wonder why you ever thought washing the bed of the truck was such a great idea to begin with.

I could have done anything else in the same amount of time.. I could have shot firecrackers, hell I don't even know what all else I could have done. But NOOOOO I had to wash the bed of the truck. And I sure did. Who in the hell washes the bed of a truck anyhow? Never mind the outside, after all, it's a truck. So now the cover's off of it and ....hmmmph.

Comment

need a growing boy pant button extender?

offhand, I'm resisting the urge to tell you to put on your big girl panties, muscle up, and deal with it.
                  Last edited by Beagle; August 3, 2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Must. HahahHAH!!!!!!

Comment

Try wetting it down with Armor-All. Should soften it a bit. If a tonneau gets saggy, you can Armor-All it and park in the sun, it will snug up. However do NOT ever leave a tool box in the bed under a tonneau. Especially if it's a nice Matco blow molded plastic one full of your Snap-On tools. It get's hoomid as heck in there! I ended up with a gob of chrome and rust.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        Try wetting it down with Armor-All. Should soften it a bit..
                        Well, after Beags "Little Boyed" me, I got all Manly Inspired and went out there and put the danged thing on. It's a lot hotter this afternoon than it was last night (and this morning) when I was trying to do it. Stretched just fine in some decent heat.

That thing's just too nice to not have on there. I wouldn't recommend one with snaps, though. It really is hard to get on. And if you take if off in the wintertime, you can forget it. It's still better than a hardshell one IMO because the hardshell ones weigh a whole lot (a two strong guys job). But you can actually lock a hardshell one so it has its advantages too I reckon.

Comment

Yeah, a hard tonneau keeps you from buying motorcycles on the way home. Pfffft. If I wanted a covered bed, I'd buy a station wagon!! lol. Sorry pdub, just havin a little fun. Good on ya for getting it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            I'd buy a station wagon!!
                            Taken out of context of course, here's Beags' next ride. Everybody start dragging CL and the local ads right away. We need to find something for Beags QUICK before his Station Wagon Jones goes into remission!

Attached Files
                            Last edited by pdub; August 3, 2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Well, after Beags "Little Boyed" me, I got all Manly Inspired and went out there and put the danged thing on. It's a lot hotter this afternoon than it was last night (and this morning) when I was trying to do it. Stretched just fine in some decent heat.

That thing's just too nice to not have on there. I wouldn't recommend one with snaps, though. It really is hard to get on. And if you take if off in the wintertime, you can forget it. It's still better than a hardshell one IMO because the hardshell ones weigh a whole lot (a two strong guys job). But you can actually lock a hardshell one so it has its advantages too I reckon.

I will second the not un-snapping the tonneau cover in the winter statement. You ain't gonna get it to snap back. Sunlight helps,but it's still a biddy. I've heard of folks taking a hairdryer to a cover to stretch it.
                              sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                              X