• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea why I come here.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

oh, you just like watching train wrecks....admit it....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        oh, you just like watching train wrecks....admit it....

As long as I am not on that train.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

Engineers are basically just guys that figured out how to read a ruler.
          Or drive a locomotive......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            I have no idea why I come here.
            Scott, you are the voice of calm logic. I've said that before and I'll say it again. You are wise beyond your apparent years, and I can say that because I've apparently got more years than you do on this rock we're all riding on.

Your logic reminds me of my brother's logic, he's even more older than I am. I got a chance to see him "work" at work a time or two before he retired.

He was a real big shot, way up ...well ended up being mill manager. Meetings. Folks would be infighting and bickering and pointing fingers at each other, and my brother, in charge of the meeting, would just sit there, silent. He'd let them all vent and when they were all out of breath my brother would wait for the pause and say, "X.Y. and Z. And W." Whatever the bigger point was that they were all missing.

That was the end of the argument and everybody would end up looking at each other around the table with that, "DANG, he's RIGHT!" look on their faces, and the meeting would be over. My brother would observe the behavior but not buy into it or get involved in it. He would just wait his turn to say what was true.

That's what you do Scott.
            Last edited by pdub; August 6, 2014, 05:31 PM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Scott, you are the voice of calm logic. I've said that before and I'll say it again. You are wise beyond your apparent years, and I can say that because I've apparently got more years than you do on this rock we're all riding on.

Your logic reminds me of my brother's logic, he's even more older than I am. I got a chance to see him "work" at work a time or two before he retired.

He was a real big shot, way up ...well ended up being mill manager. Meetings. Folks would be infighting and bickering and pointing fingers at each other, and my brother, in charge of the meeting, would just sit there, silent. He'd let them all vent and when they were all out of breath my brother would wait for the pause and say, "X.Y. and Z. And W." Whatever the bigger point was that they were all missing.

That was the end of the argument and everybody would end up looking at each other around the table with that, "DANG, he's RIGHT!" look on their faces, and the meeting would be over. My brother would observe the behavior but not buy into it or get involved in it. He would just wait his turn to say what was true.

That's what you do Scott.

You should've met my father. He had zero talent for beating around the bush. He went straight for the point of the matter like a laser. Probably why he was so good at navigating those bombers and spy planes. No bullshit at all with him. You always knew where you stood. I guess I picked up some of that. But, being my mother's son, I also think I have some her ability to think of other's feelings.

. I thought about what to write here, but couldn't come up with anything profound.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                . I thought about what to write here, but couldn't come up with anything profound.
                That right there is profound!

Comment

Profound is the fact that this thread is still going...

"Draw" must have been the magic word.

Comment

it's not too surprising that a Question based thread is still going. People love to answer questions voluntarily, particularly if they get to impart some bit of personal wisdom to it. What's interesting to me is that it hasn't be profoundly derailed yet.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Draw? Click image for larger version

Name:	draw-cool-cars.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	957428
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        People love to answer questions voluntarily . . .
                        That's one of those Dale Carnegie techniques from How to Win Friends and Influence People .

Carnegie taught that one of the sweetest sounds for most unwashed mopes is the sound of his or her own voice. So if you get your "prospect" talking about themselves and what they're interested in through thoughtful questioning, they're gonna love it . . .

Of course I regularly get to force people to answer hours and hours of questions . . . mostly involuntarily. Most tend to melt down a bit after four or five hours of that . . . They tend not to love it.
                        Last edited by 38P; August 7, 2014, 06:44 AM.

Comment

DRAW?... as in draw a bath?

Comment

Bath? BS front page says they're takin' a bath on the salt at Bonneville . . . .

Comment

I figured Chad would be into bath salts; but finding out Brian does as well (with Chad) is both disturbing and a bit frightening.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

As my kid would say "I am just here for the snacks". But seriously I like the car info, blogs and getting to know some of the people on here.
                                Racing Solves Everything

Comment

Working...
                                X