I don't think I like cars anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Man, I miss a lot of stuff on this forum. I never realized that Beag's JUNK was junk and therefore would need fixin!
    Any guess on if he is planning a model change or just basic repairs?

Beags junk is old, therefore it needs fixing.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

All this talk of FWD Cavaliers, and Camrys, and sedans that need oil changes . . . and roach coaches is a little depressing (not even going to comment on Beags "playing with his junk") , , , ,

Although I'm not a rust-belter or an FWD fan (I only have one FWD), I still say that a proper late-model backup/substitute vehicle at least needs to be a performance model or a tuned-on something .. . . And I'd stretch that to include most of the EcoBoost models (maybe the upcoming 1.0L 3-popper Fiesta not so much) and old Police Interceptors.

But each to his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

I picked up an 88 turbocoupe years ago with a busted trans, droped it off at the trans shop had it fixed. That car sucked with a slush box, i should have held out and waited for a conversion. Sold it years ago. If you think you might want a manual you will kick you self later if you dont do the swap.
        The automatic transmission Turbo Coupe wasn't the full experience ... limited boost and single exhaust to protect the weak transmission. And the IHI turbo on the '87'-'88 was T-too-small.

TURBO COUPE SIDEBAR: I fell on the ice once and broke my right arm walking into my job. I had driven a manual-transmission '87 Turbo Coupe that day (Winter beater).

I had to have my boss drive me back home so that someone in my family could take me to the doctor. Boss-man proudly said he could "drive a stick" and recalled his long-past college days when he whipped an RX-7 around campus.

It was quickly obvious that whatever skill and coordination he had with a "stick" shifter and clutch pedal had atrophied . . . Killing it more than once and grinding the gears on nearly every shift, he dismissively quipped: "Turbo? I thought this old thing would have more power."

I FREAKIN' THOUGHT YOU KNEW HOW TO DRIVE! . . . .

Comment

when i hear statements like, " i don't think i like cars anymore",.......it makes me think of FWD, cars. i guess i gave into the dark side some time ago for that gas-sipper thing? what a PITA to work on. i'd rather have an old 70-80s truck. parts are cheaper, easier to work on, reliable, etc.

Comment

Hit to pass is popular with the mini car derby guys and gals..it becomes painfully obvious the FWD cars are better than the RWD cars! AWD cars are the best.. But in big car derbys, RWD RULES!

Comment

I managed to get all the water pump bolts out of this Mustang without snapping any... it was a close call though... it's possible there's still hope for cars in general.

Comment

Going to Bonneville and then Monterrey this week. Hoping to respark some mojo.
                I'm still learning

Comment

havnt had much ambition to work on the wagon lately, need to call and find out if im getting replacement trans cooler lines. if not, i need to wait for payday so I can order the an fittings.
                  Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

I hate when it gets hot(over 100), so I haven't done much, but I think this month I'm going to say F'it and fire up the Port-a-Cool and get the GMC running. Now if the temps will just stay in the low 100's I should be fine.
                    The Green Machine.
                    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X