General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Discussion

The subject came up in the North Carolina mountains during the two days of the Spring Blooms Tour.....a whole bunch of us BangShifters just having a mortal blast.at The Gearhead Inn...

General Discussion. It's been challenged a time or two. The subject of General Discussion. Around the firepit at the Gearhead Inn, and online a time or two or more..I maintain, and I maintain that General Discussion is just "that." Some folks have said it's a hotrod forum, and it sure is. It sure is that, and a great one. The title "General Discussion," and the charter proposed on the forum home page for this branch says, that all's good except for politics and religion.

And I maintain that every other branch of the forum is car builds, and all of those things, and equipment-specific things and that General Discussion is what it should be.

I have made some of the best friends on earth here due to General Discussion and the things that came from it, the gatherings.

I say, General Discussion is what it is. That comes without any provocation, just my line of thought tonight. I'll say, if it's not supposed to be General Discussion, call the branch something else. Lots of other branches are going here on Bangshift for all of the things that make me wonder why I haven't been run off from here already, a long time ago. Because i'm gonna pollute General Discussion with stuff that ain't always about cars. Just sayin.'
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Trying to discuss general?

Comment

Because i'm gonna pollute General Discussion with stuff that ain't always about cars.
      So we noticed.
      Now, the question is - is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Am on the commuter bus and some freak woman got on and is right now sitting right next to me. She is holding her left wrist with her right hand and seems to be stopping her self from striking out at someone or something. 3 weeks ago I was sitting on the ground pulling weeds and trimming roses, a young weasel came within 8" of my butt and just sat there a few minutes. Hummingbirds make their nests out of spiderwebs.
        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 6, 2014, 08:14 AM. Reason: correcting spelling and punctuation, had used my blackberry to post this...
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          Am on the commuter bus and some freak women got on and is right now sitting right next to me. She is holding her left wrist with her right hand and seems to be stopping her self from striking out at someone or something. E weeks ago I was sitting on the ground pulling weeds and trimming roses, a young weasel came within 8" of my butt and just sat there a few minutes. Hummingbirds make their nests out of spiderwebs.
          Gail, the fact that you are typing at us is a genuine joy. A celebration. Hope you don't have hornets!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

So we noticed.
            Now, the question is - is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
            Stude, you've been my most staunch supporter since I crashed into here on the forum. I can't say how much I appreciate it. Thank you Sir.

And it's been such a pleasure to meet you at so many of our gatherings in person. It's been a great honor, and can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Lots of other branches are going here on Bangshift for all of the things that make me wonder why I haven't been run off from here already, a long time ago. Because i'm gonna pollute General Discussion with stuff that ain't always about cars. Just sayin.'
              Realize nobody tried to run you off, you ran everyone else off.
              The Green Machine.
              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

So, when we take that to be a fact, what's so big about General Discussion, in that I could actually run all of the hotrodders away, given that General Discussion is only one branch of BangShift? How can I be that powerful? How, with so many other cool branches going on BS, how could I do that?

Honestly, I'd really like to know. If I've done that, I'd like to know, and be specific.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
                  I got a good laugh at that Alex! I'm not sure that was your intent though. Is everything OK? You seem a bit cranky lately.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

So, when we take that to be a fact, what's so big about General Discussion, in that I could actually run all of the hotrodders away, given that General Discussion is only one branch of BangShift? How can I be that powerful? How, with so many other cool branches going on BS, how could I do that?

Honestly, I'd really like to know. If I've done that, I'd like to know, and be specific.
                    I'm just playing PW, don't take it to serious, but then if the hat fits.............
                    The Green Machine.
                    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

What happened to bees?... Did I run YOU off??

Comment

I love you peewee, sue and all the rest of everybody here!!! As an extremely hot woman (jk) married to a car guy it is uber cool to come here and be able to share. I love the car stuff with Loren! I recently spent days removing rust with acid on our car trailer, go to the store buy paint, apply paint, etc. I have always been involved and so proud to be married to such a talented metal smith. My Christmas gift to him this year was an english wheel. He virtually has every other small and giant metal tool he needs. He will master that bitch and fabricate his dreams. I am so proud and blessed to be a part of his team, and his love. Furthermore. I appreciate sometimes there are threads that are not just car related, if we were all at the Power Tour there would be other things being discussed and those things are usually fun and good, and provide a possible mellow break from car worries and considerations, just a break sometimes is a good thing. The automotive passion always remains very prevalant and that's fine, but Bangshift as it is allows me to be more of a part of what my husband is into. It is really an amazing venue for creating a positive family fan base. Does anyone think the weasel sitting next to me was cool? It was just beautiful! I felt honored by the creator to be visited like that.
                        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 6, 2014, 08:16 AM.
                        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Stude, you've been my most staunch supporter since I crashed into here on the forum. I can't say how much I appreciate it. Thank you Sir.
                          You flatter me, P.

And it's been such a pleasure to meet you at so many of our gatherings in person. It's been a great honor, and can't wait for the next one.
                          Soon.....
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Gail... Food for thought... https://www.katu.com/news/local/It-f...=y&clmob=y&c=n

Comment

Sometimes its OK with gas too careful good news anymore from how to do the med preclude driving poorly built two other end result is it or so far worse than the car can get to be so how do around me and do whatever I'm no help really bad with all my camp into the old hose.

Comment

Working...
                              X