TENS Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TENS Therapy

Has anyone had any experience with TENS therapy? ME has recently been diagnosed with a deteriorating spine and has had quite a bit of back pain for some time. She bought 2 of the Icy Hot TENS units (they had a sale at Walgreen's) and I'm just wondering if any of you folks have any experience with this. She seems to be getting some relief but I wonder if there's any long-term issues or any other side effects.

THANKS

Dan

Those things are great for helping get locked muscles (due to pinched nerves from spinal issues) to unlock enough to let the spine get back to not pinching the nerves.

No side effects that I can speak of - well, other than immense relief and the ability to walk upright.

Those and an inverter have kept the butchers away for several years now.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I was like WTH is TENS... now I know.... I've done it as part of PT for my knee, but it didn't do anything for me. I don't think it made it worse, so, simply by my experience - there's nothing negative (or positive)... pun intended
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 6, 2014, 10:16 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We put it on my tight back last night and I didn't get much out of it. But if it helps ME & Stiney I'm down with that. On the other hand - she can't do NSAIDs but Naproxam Sodium (Aleve) kicks butt for me so I guess you do what works for you.

Dan

Comment

Try accupuncture.. It works... Briefly..

Comment

I don't know anything about TENS, but now we have at least three BS women to be concerned about. Hope y'all find the answer Dan! The medical community is a lottery.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I havea portable unit and I love mine. Basically it distracts the nerves. Keeps my back happy after 2 surgeries.
              Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Thanks all for the input. Bob - we've both used acupuncture from time to time but haven't found a skilled practitioner here in Wilmington. It may be time to look again.

And yeah - we have 3 ladies to send Positive Energy (or prayer - take your pick) toward. And I do.

Dan

Comment

Dan I have degenerative disk disease...all the disks in my spine are shrinking. I was give a TENS unit by my PCM (insurance covered it for me) prior to a surgery I had to correct some bulging disks that were poking on some nerves and creating a lot of unplesent issues for me. It worked quite well for me. My wife has been having some issues as well and was given one. She has seen a decrease in pain as well.

I was told by my physical therapist to wear it all the time. So i've had it on at work, while shopping and so on and that is when I noticed the bigggest positive results. I know others that have had positive responses to TENS use as well.....Here is the way I see it....It can't hurt....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                  X