Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning out/thinning the herd - how not to do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning out/thinning the herd - how not to do it.

I've been on somewhat of a cleaning kick lately. Selling lots of stuff that just sort of crash-landed here - most from the kind of deal where you have to buy the extras to get the one thing you really want, you know?

Last night I moved this

In order to get this out

So I can take it to get this tonight (just the body)

To finance it, this went to work with me to be sold today

(note to PeeWee - the dog is hunting bumblebees. Good doggy!)

And there is leftover funding

And an recently vacated space in the barn

This won't take up much space at all, and the funding will just cover it too.

Last edited by STINEY; August 6, 2014, 10:39 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

you are such a bangshifter, trading a rust piece of automotive art for another rustier piece of automotive art. I can totally see why you didn't post pictures of that on here before purchase - is there anything salvageable off that MB?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It has a pedigree, and it actually runs. Stopping it don't do, but will move on its own. Has the original 16" wheels. And...um...well....

There is more to the plan, but I don't want to jinx myself.....more to come. Tune back in a few days for the rest of the story.

(funding is complete, just did the back-trailers-together-tranfer-the-gold thing)
      Last edited by STINEY; August 6, 2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

What was the net parking space gain/loss with this ordeal?

btw, I think those old Bugs might be worth something some day. ;)
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well, since the Jeep is actually significantly shorter than the floorpan/chassis it replaces, I'm going to call it 1/4 of a space gain.

Or trading an untitled rolling pile of parts for a running titled pile of parts? Oh, and a body to make a somewhat complete-ish car from a rolling titled chassis....so 2 titled vehicles for 1 untitled.

Comment

Oh look at all the VW's.... Must not look at pics.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              It has a pedigree, and it actually runs. Stopping it don't do, but will move on its own. Has the original 16" wheels. And...um...well....

There is more to the plan, but I don't want to jinx myself.....more to come. Tune back in a few days for the rest of the story.

(funding is complete, just did the back-trailers-together-tranfer-the-gold thing)

make the brakes work and see if you can beat it back straight by letting your kids hoon it in the field... I like MBs - as museum pieces - but as practical 4x4s? a Samurai would eat its lunch in every area
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 6, 2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Was there supposed to be a problem here? :D

I was half expecting to hear something disastrous.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

make the brakes work and see if you can beat it back straight by letting your kids hoon it in the field... I like MBs - as museum pieces - but as practical 4x4s? a Samurai would eat its lunch in every area
                  what the hell does practical have to do with anything on this board Mr. let's stall out a Fiat Mutato project?

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Lol....Mutato....

Practicality says since I drive a desk, it may as well be an interesting desk, right? There should be extra parts when all is said and done.

But I found the idea on Pinterest dear. We love Pinterest, don't we?

Comment

This idea has potential.....

Is that dude brushing his non-hair? Those trailing arms need braced at a minimum.

Last edited by STINEY; August 6, 2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I know exactly what they guy is doing. I've walked into the hoist arms on many an occasion.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                          This idea has potential.....

Is that dude brushing his non-hair? Those trailing arms need braced at a minimum.

I like that a lot.

Comment

There s a crop sprayer around here with 4 foot tractor tires by 8 inch wide, powered by an industral VW... The sawmill I get wood from also has a VW powered band saw

Comment

Double-darn.......... Jeep thing got jinxed anyways. Was going to get it tonight, guy texted me last night someone bought it last night.

Did get this last night. Perfect for oldest to learn the fine art of VW on, he's excited about it. Says orange is the color of choice.

Bride of FrankenStiney. Her face is currently not the best, but the butt shot is downright sexy. (We have parts in the barn to fix her face)

Comment

Working...
                              X