I've Had Enough Of You Bozos......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post

That's close to what I was thinking. I've always figured Dan could afford all the exotic speed-related travel adventures because he invented and patented dirt when he was a young man.
    yeah, but he lost his shirt when he patented then produced square wheels.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was driving the delivery truck.........

Anyhow, looks like I'm not going to get to meet Bamster. With the meet cancelled I guess I'll just head back home. Right now I'm trying to shuffle my tickets to see if I can get out of SLC on Monday (tomorrow) - wish me luck. Sounds like it won't be cheap - welcome to modern airplane travel.

Later

Dan

Comment

Dan, while you're in Salt Lake you can have some fun. Go to the bar (there's not one) and offer to buy everybody there a drink. Free entertainment.
        Last edited by pdub; August 10, 2014, 11:33 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Probably have to take the steam loco home!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Probably have to take the steam loco home!
            Or the next giant snail......

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              You just suggested to an old, wizened man to go commando - were I the tasteless sort, I'd post up a picture of one such person to give you bad dreams
              Super....Monster and I were advising on what not to do.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                You just suggested to an old, wizened man to go commando - were I the tasteless sort, I'd post up a picture of one such person to give you bad dreams
                Super....Monster and I were advising on what not to do.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Dan, while you're in Salt Lake you can have some fun. Go to the bar (there's not one) and offer to buy everybody there a drink. Free entertainment.
                  Actually, they Do have many bars. Seems like there's 2 different towns, 1 Morman and 1 redneck. It was a surprise to me, too. So sin lives in SLC but the Mormans are supposed to stay out - and maybe they do. In either case, I'm not going for anything stronger than Diet Saspirilla. (or however you spell that)

It's interesting to see folks sort of drifting away from the area. I know that, like me, they're making arrangements for travel, etc. but it seems like they're having a hard time letting go of the idea of Speed Week.

Dan

Comment

That sure does remind me of my trip to Kentucky that time. For the drag race....it rained. Didn't know how to get in touch with anybody there to meet up. Bought some shoes that hurt my feet and came back home.
                    Last edited by pdub; August 10, 2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

If you are going to do any inspections of car's chassis, you're going to need a snorkel and swim fins.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

So I'm back home and am recovering. I finally got some sleep and my bod is sorta back on NC time after being jerked 3 hours back and then brought rudely forward the same 3. Time zones are weird.

I got to Ely but Randal was in Sin City so I didn't get a chance to catch up or see the Firebird in person. I still think the road from Wendover to Ely (US93) is where they filmed the Road Runner cartoons - I find myself looking for falling anvils. Had a great tour of the railroad museum which is one of my favorite places on earth and I had dinner in McGill in a diner called Marie's - great place in an unexpected location. For those not in the know, McGill is just east of Ely on the way back to Wendover and was the site of the smelter for the mine in Ely. Lots of cool history around there.

Anyhow, that was about all the fun on this trip except seeing the LSR folks, of course. I still don't know how my plane tickets got resolved. Me and the phone help guy ("Sergio" in India - yeah, right.....) agreed to something but I'm not sure what. I THINK I got a credit toward a future flight but "Sergio's" English was such that I'm not all that sure of that. I know that folks in India need to make a living and I'm sure they're good people but darn it's tough when you have an odd situation and run into a language barrier. Anyhow, I ended up buying an overnight flight home. Please remind me not to fly overnight any more - guess I'm just too old! And the last leg was on a prop plane called a "Dash 8-300" with a Kim Kardashian-sized tail. It got us here but was a nasty ol' POS.

Hope all had a great week or so as I goofed off in Nevada/Utah. Back to work on the S-10.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; August 13, 2014, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Damn, Dan you coulda ridden home with me as far as Salisbury! We figured out that the event was useless for us (not gonna have any long course) and were gone at 8am Saturday. Dropped the trailers off at a friend of Jim's in Salt lake City and came back trailerless (Jim and the others drove home to Houston). We're hoping for good weather for the USFRA World of Speed. If so, I'll likely be driving back out on the 2d or 3d of September ( but might be returning via Houston) or going out at the end of the month for World Finals. Let me know your travel plans, maybe I can help.

Our engine guy Keith found a one way flight (red eye on Monday) that was $ 255 (DIRECT, TOO) SLC to Charlotte and thought it was a mistake as Sunday and Tuesday prices were $800+ but it was real. It pays to comb all the databases, I guess.

vic

vic NASCARland

Comment

Working...
                          X