Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...it rained at Bonneville....reminds me of old Storker McGurk cartoon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...it rained at Bonneville....reminds me of old Storker McGurk cartoon....

Where he converted his roadster into a blown air boat.....

The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

D'oh! The funniest thing I read on Facebook today was, "Land Speed Racing was delayed, but the porta-potty canoe races start at noon."

I want a hovercraft....
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; August 7, 2014, 02:50 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The weather report was calling for more rain today and tomorrow.
      The Green Machine.
      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

The weatherman heard Bruab was in Wendover . . ..

Comment

Row row row your........ Dunno the cadence of those college boats, think that applies here? .....OR has not had any rain... Everybody else did!

Comment

Guys....this is not funny. Wait....no, it's not. I've never seen a photo of water standing like that at Bonneville. And folks waiting and wanting to run.....OMG. Get the pumps out. The big ones. The military ones.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Guys....this is not funny. Wait....no, it's not. I've never seen a photo of water standing like that at Bonneville. And folks waiting and wanting to run.....OMG. Get the pumps out. The big ones. The military ones.
              Nay, my young P. The holy salt is made new every year by flooding. The wind will blow it along, and dry it out. Salt dogs would rather wait for the other two races scheduled this year.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                I believe there was too much standing water back in th ate 70's early 80's that the runs were cancelled altogether? ... I think on or two downpours will not hurt. It drains rather quick?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  I believe there was too much standing water back in th ate 70's early 80's that the runs were cancelled altogether? ... I think on or two downpours will not hurt. It drains rather quick?
                  Well, since I don't know...it drains to WHERE? I mean Flats are called flats for a reason, right?

Comment

Keep in mind, several hundred square miles (maybe even thousands) of land drain into the salt flats. A little bit of rain, over a large area, is still a lot of water.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      D'oh! The funniest thing I read on Facebook today was, "Land Speed Racing was delayed, but the porta-potty canoe races start at noon."

I want a hovercraft....

I want to borrow my boss's air boat. He has three. The fast one has a 482 bbc that makes 581 hp. This one has a 512 hp 396 sbc.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        Keep in mind, several hundred square miles (maybe even thousands) of land drain into the salt flats. A little bit of rain, over a large area, is still a lot of water.
                        That's mind boggling. And at the same time Keith Turk manages the runway in Ohio when it rains a little or a lot. The first event there, the one I was at, he had everybody who wanted to, drive their passenger cars up and down the runway trying to dry it. Turns out, with the grooves in the pavement, if the sun hits it, it dries out just as fast.

And Unit and I were sitting there in lawn chairs and got to see Bill Warner go through the trap at Maxton at 260 mph on that motorcycle. That's what I think of when speed is the subject. And Bonneville is just mind blowing to me, beyond that.
                        Last edited by pdub; August 7, 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Flying out in the am from Fl. and only staying until Mon. night, it's not looking good, but even if it's a wash out for me, I don't want to take a chance and miss the 100th.

Jason
                          2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                          2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                          all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

And Bonneville is just mind blowing to me, beyond that.
                            Ya gotta go at least once, just to experience it. Imagine an alien world populated by racers. It's just peace, love and 200MPH.
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Always been on my bucket list to go at least one day.. Whole event'd be cool as hell!

Comment

Working...
                              X