The Tale of Two Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of Two Chairs

My second wife, she and I were living our lives on credit cards, reckless abandon. We went to Target in Pinevile NC soon after it opened, amazed at all they had. They had everything!

We brought home a teak table and two chairs and set it up in the main room of the rental house where we were living. Buy, buy, buy, in retrospect we were trying to buy ourselves happy. We had to get a bigger rural mailbox (one of those BIG ones) to hold all of the stuff the wife was buying from QVC. Addiction? Yeah she was for sure addicted to QVC.

Said the mouthpieces on that channel were like family. I should have taken that as a notice, early on, that statement. So we brought home the teak table and chairs. We didn't need that, had to make room in the room for it.

And then I got called to work in Benton Harbor, Michigan. For five months. Not the greatest place in the world, at least not then (I'll never go back). Working 14 hour days....flying back and forth. After 2 months I reached critical mass. I was so tired I was crying when I called and left my boss a voice mail. "I've got to have a break. I can't do this anymore, I need a week off."

I got some emergency rebookings, flights and connections delayed, and finally got back "Home" way after dark. Late. I shouldn't have been driving, the shape I was in. The second wife was waiting up for me. I came dragging my suitcase in the door and collapsed in the recliner and instead of "Welcome home sweetheart," ...... She said, "I'm terribly unhappy here, but staying here is currently my best option." That sentence haunts me still. I went to bed and slept for most of a week, and then went back to war for a week.

On the next trip back "home," I told her, "If staying here is currently your best option, then I strongly suggest you exercise your second best option, like right NOW." She left in a huff to go a motel somewhere. I've seen her one more time since then, for the divorce proceedings.

After the shit-dust settled, I still have those two chairs and that table, I proposed to Sue Unit while she was sitting in one of these chairs, I don't know which one. It doesn't matter which one. Where/how did YOU propose?

Attached Files
    Last edited by pdub; August 8, 2014, 03:33 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

It was a show-gun wedding. I dick smacked her upside the head and she's been insane ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
      It was a show-gun wedding. I dick smacked her upside the head and she's been insane ever since.
      Now Casper....that's not real nice. Sort of ruined the romantic moment.....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It is what it is...

Comment

Working...
        X