Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome to my back yard.

i think its time for some Joe time?

need a few days alone in the woods to get my head straight.

one of my sons bought me a compound bow for my b-day last month.

i'm worn out. cut and welded some silly chit on a kids infiniti exhaust. took 2 g-daughters to the beach.

oh man,... i need some time alone.

The 6,500-acre Serenova Tract is located in western Pasco County. The tract is part of the District's 20,000-acre Starkey Wilderness Preserve. Serenova offer...

anybody else get like that? just not want to see a human for a few days?

and you all wonder why I do overland? nope, I don't wonder at all.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

got some nice turkeys round here believe it or not.
      had a bear cub crying last month up in a tree.
      always thought i'd walk the appalacian trail one day.
      hmmmmm,.....

Comment

I'm taking 5 vacation days off next week. They ask at work if I'm going anywhere and I say It's not a vacation TO, it's a vacation FROM. . .work that is.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

With 66 acres, half in back and hilly, easy enough to walk away from people..plus I don't get poison oak and the back is full of it..

Comment

bought 6 tips and 6 new arrows this morning. tips are similar to this; http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...zKEaAhub8P8HAQ

got 2 sons that want to go.

wife is off in a few days. she knows how i get. need time alone. might bring my dog, "Mercy" ? she's awesome. tiny, but crazy.

Comment

ole "snoopy" is getting too old to camp/walk. not sure how old he is? we rescued him about 12 years ago. the azzhole owners left him chained to a tree. his kneck grew around his chain. i had to actually take a razor knife and cut his skin to get the chain off. poor dog. but he's been super loyal over the years and great with kids. here he caught a squirel that fell out of a tree out back, lol. was pretty funny.

Comment

Good looking dogs Joe.
                The Green Machine.
                http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by redneckjoe69 View Post
                  i need some time alone.
                  Joe, I've given this one some thought, and it took some. And I can say, yes, I've done that.

But it wasn't in the woods. It was a bicycle on the highway. The reason you made me think about that years later was the way you presented it. Yes, a time when you just want to get away.

When you're pedaling a bicycle alone in the middle of Kansas and it's 50 miles to the next town, and a jet contrail in the sky is the only sign of human life for an hour or two...yeah. I get it. I sure do. Not the same thing exactly but I sure do get it. And lemme tellya it works. It works for the soul. For the rest of your life. That's the happy place you can always go to when things pile up, .....in your mind, in your memory, having done it. That whatever it is, if it's the woods or whatever. Mine was the highway.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

thanx guys! good to know others understand.
                    wife is off for 3 days! covered for a vacationer.
                    daughter is gonna run our other store.

SO ready to go.
                    makin a list and checkin it twice.
                    I have since uploaded a better Quality version of this song ((WITH LYRICS)) in it's full length of over 16 minutes. https://youtu.be/_S4Vd-h-uQA I was limi...

never thought i'd be so eager to camp in florida in auhguast,...or how ever you spell it, lol.

who does facebook? i can share pics much easier that way. HMU on a PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X