Day dreaming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day dreaming...

Jim broke my son and now I am thinking how to fix him. He is totally infatuated with Jim's Nova...he talks about it all the time...He's been nagging me to put lettering and make it a "race car" like Jim's.....so...this is just a thought....

I know where there is one of these

and I have this

and could...if I wanted, do this....

bench race away!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I was at a meeting on Thursday and it went for 3 hours so I sketched out a plan....

1. Down and dirty - nothing fancy, everything used and cheap as possible.
    2. I cant afford to do a fancy rear end so I think just doing a quick radius of the rear wheel wells and sticking some bigger wider tires there would be sufficient.
    3 The car runs and drives, there is no need to mess with anything but stabbing the axle under it
    4. Steering is an issue as is braking, I suppose the truck brakes could be made to work and if I went with manual steering that could simplify the process. I found manual gear boxes for about 100 bucks.
    5. Roll bars, fender well headers and other goodies could come later as long as the car remains running and driving...

The car would have to be lettered and I felt that "Down and Dirty" would be a killer name...I'd also toss some stickers and some other lettering on there just to make the kid smile....

So, again...bench race away....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Hmmm... Ask kiddo to draw you up some ideas too, just for the hell of it.

Also, wasn't there a way of sifting the rear shackles to move the axle an inch or 2 forward?
      Last edited by tedly; August 8, 2014, 10:17 PM.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I edited the rendering to show radius-ed wheel wells and a scoop instead of injector stacks...

Comment

okay, one more tweak....Torque thrusts and steelies....painted the headers white as well

Comment

It's cool and all but I'm not sure in reality a fury can pull it off. This could though.... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4605968432.html

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
              It's cool and all but I'm not sure in reality a fury can pull it off. This could though.... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4605968432.html
              Huh? Its cool...but it cant pull it off....its like saying shes pretty and has a good personality but I wont go out with her....lots of full sized cars out there with straight axles, stationwagons, trucks....they seem to pull it off fine...not knocking your opinion....just seeking clarification....

Comment

It may not be the "correct" way to do it but I like the version with the original quarter panels.
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

keep in mind, the "correct" quarter panels are kind of missing from the car right now.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Do it, do it,do it... Go over and look at RacingSnake440's project too, all possible... You only live once...

Comment

how many more complaints can you get before you're kicked off base housing?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        Huh? Its cool...but it cant pull it off....its like saying shes pretty and has a good personality but I wont go out with her....lots of full sized cars out there with straight axles, stationwagons, trucks....they seem to pull it off fine...not knocking your opinion....just seeking clarification....
                        The 56 would be a much bigger challenge for squirrel. I mean after all, he's the one that corrupted the kid, right?

Comment

that one has the "street freak" thing going pretty well.

Squirrel is done with complete car reconstructions for a few years...it wears you out!
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            that one has the "street freak" thing going pretty well.

Squirrel is done with complete car reconstructions for a few years...it wears you out!
                            That's a $400 dollar 56 dude.... the frames worth that. Think about it....

Comment

I coulda got a nice frame for less a few months ago, if I wanted one. Friend moved, and had to get rid of a lot of stuff. He crushed a 55 4dr wagon
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X