Distraction of the Day (DOD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distraction of the Day (DOD)

sooooo... it's 101 out, kinda too hot for a wuss like me to be in the garage, and M is off with the girls for the weekend. In other words, I'm an unattended child with a checkbook.

Want. 15 feet, 80 hp Merc... didn't fit in the "What car do I want today" category.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Want? Why not GOT? Boss ain't around.. Free rein.

Comment

Comment

my brother and I just mounted an old 50hp merc to a silverliner. worlds different compared to the tri hull it came from.
        transom was rotten on the inside.

gel coat (100 bucks a gallon) paint, some modern wax.. looking like new.

those are nice boats.

been on the penobscot tidal river, etc. A boat is good.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 9, 2014, 04:52 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

A boat is good.
          Yes, a boat is good. To a certain point, from what I've witnessed. We had a 12-foot Jon Boat on the little pond in SC with an electric trolling motor. That's a boat. It floated. Bliss. Lots of fun and relaxation. The best part of that living experience. Those boat rides.

And my friend on Lake Lanier has a 30-foot cruiser. Went for a ride on that one and he and his wife got into an interesting conversation about how much gas to put into it. When boat gas at the marina was way over 5 bucks a gallon. They decided on a hundred dollars' worth, seeing as to how it was nearly the end of the season. That would get them back home and they could put it up for the winter.

BOAT: "Bust Out Another Thousand." Well, big ones at least.

And it might have been somebody here on the forum but I think it was somebody at work who recently said, "There's two great days when you own a boat. The day you bring it home and the day you sell it."

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
            To heck with the boat I'll take the Duo, I know nothing but trouble but what the heck if your gonna be distracted.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

And it might have been somebody here on the forum but I think it was somebody at work who recently said, "There's two great days when you own a boat. The day you bring it home and the day you sell it."
              If it wasn't me, I've said it before.

It's not like I don't have two others... one mildly melted and smoke tinted 19' with a 230 hp 305, another mildly worn out 18' with a 140. This one would probably do 50 and sip gas while it's doing it, it's pretty small for an 80 horse Mercury. Ah, and to irritate Milner351 a bit, YES, I want to PORT IT!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                To heck with the boat I'll take the Duo, I know nothing but trouble but what the heck if your gonna be distracted.
                If I had energy for that, I'd finish the car... man I'm getting old. Sure they are beautiful but 9 out of 10 young ladies make me bang my head on the bar to stop the sound of them talking. OLD, I SAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

If I had energy for that, I'd finish the car... man I'm getting old. Sure they are beautiful but 9 out of 10 young ladies make me bang my head on the bar to stop the sound of them talking. OLD, I SAY.
                  I'll speak from experience: If the young babe at the haircut store offers and asks you if you want to let her trim your eyebrows, you're probably not gonna ever bang her, no matter who you are.
                  Last edited by pdub; August 9, 2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

SOoooo, this is a thread to convince us that you WANT to work on the car but explains daily why you are distracted?

I have one of those but the distraction is another car and it's growing fleet of spare engines.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I get distracted a whole lot myself. It's one of the best theories of all, in my opinion, that the real truth is....WOW, look at that squirrel haulin' ass across the yard!

Comment

The barber not only asks if I want my eyebrows trimmed, I also get the ear hairs cut out. The only thing golden about these years in my urine.

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
                          The barber not only asks if I want my eyebrows trimmed, I also get the ear hairs cut out. The only thing golden about these years in my urine.
                          These young guys, they don't understand that stuff. They will. They will.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            sooooo... it's 101 out, kinda too hot for a wuss like me to be in the garage, and M is off with the girls for the weekend. In other words, I'm an unattended child with a checkbook.

Want. 15 feet, 80 hp Merc... didn't fit in the "What car do I want today" category.
                            '
                            That is the twin to the boat I learned to ski behind... we got more expensive boats later, but none were really better.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                              SOoooo, this is a thread to convince us that you WANT to work on the car but explains daily why you are distracted?

I have one of those but the distraction is another car and it's growing fleet of spare engines.
                              lol - I'm very easily distracted. I don't think I will be able to remember to update daily. Probably easier for me to post what the song of the day is. I wake up with a different song stuck in my head every morning and whatever song it is repeats until I hear something else that replaces it. It's a scary place inside my skull.

I spent a while last night looking into 80hp Mercs, loop charging, cross flow, economy of the 4cyl v. the 3cyl, porting information, etc. Interesting stuff for me, but the LAST thing I need is another thing I know very little about to start playing with. That should explain why I still want it this morning. That and the boat looks good for 900.00 ... justifying anything under a grand to myself is far too easy, another of my problems. I could make money! Right, lose money on every deal but I make up for it in volume!!

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              '
                              That is the twin to the boat I learned to ski behind... we got more expensive boats later, but none were really better.
                              you're a lot of help. lol. Couldn't you just say it sank? I know, I know, I'm on the wrong forum for being un-enabled.
                              Last edited by Beagle; August 10, 2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X