A Funny Story About Toxic Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Funny Story About Toxic Gas

Sulfur Dioxide. It will kill you so permanently dead in high concentrations real quick. It is generated when paper pulp degrades and it's also present in the oil drilling process.

How I tie things together...the end of my bicycle trip across most of America ended in Vernal Utah. I met a guy named Rex at a beer joint there.

Rex worked on an oil rig. They were not real happy with the safety things going on there. You're supposed to get a test for SO2 before you start a rig up. The safety guy was sort of a slacker. They dilled without the SO2 test a whole lot of times. The safety guy always showed up late. Real late. They developed an elaborate plan.

One afternoon, after the oil drilling platform was shut down, all of the guys scoured the countryside and highways and rounded up every already-dead animal they could find. Roadkill. Pickup truck loads of them.

The next morning, they scattered the dead animals out on the countryside, dead animals closer together to each other the closer you got to the oil rig. A BUNCH of dead animals close to the rig. And they waited. They didn't start the rig up, they were waiting.

And casually late, here comes the safety guy. All of the guys on the rig leaned over rails, layed down on catwalks, pretended they were dead. The safety guy got within a quarter mile of the rig and then raced back to town. A while later, here comes fire trucks and ambulances and all sorts of emergency equipment.

The guys were all there calmly working the rig. The safety guy got fired.
    Last edited by pdub; August 9, 2014, 11:00 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That's some bad stuff, use to work back in the pulp mill before going to work on the paper machine.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
    X