News is reporting Robin Williams suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News is reporting Robin Williams suicide

Just coming in out west is the new of the apparent suicide of Robin Williams. I hope its not true but seems to be true. RIP!
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

sad.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

This isn't a hoax?
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

RIP Mork ...

Comment

Dang. That's.....dang.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Very sad, I have always liked his work.

Depression is very hard on all people.
            Tim
            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
              This isn't a hoax?
              Google him, NY Times, Washington Post and other prominant news agencies reporting it as well..

Comment

Dang. Another person who chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
                RIP, funny guy.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

One of my favorite actors and comedians.....R.I.P.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

oh no.
                    he was one of my childhood comedic heroes. Even my mom laughed at his work.

we loved mork and mindy. We watched when it was the real broadcasts, before repeats.
                    I remember a TV marriage that got us all going.

my sister was 2.5yrs, my brother was 4, and I was 5 laughing too loud at everything.
                    we all watched that show together. I was 10-11 when it ended. My sister in the beginning used to laugh everytime I did. I watched her and my brother grow. I mentioned it on the last episodes.. my sister did not remember the first. Almost a personal part of our lives.

nanu nanu.

one of the worlds greatest quirky geniuses...on purpose.

he is two months younger than my father, and my father is coincidentally.. a quirky genuised one of a kind.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 11, 2014, 05:34 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's just a head shaker right there. That's DANG. Why take himself away from all of us who enjoyed his work? The only thing to compare it to that I can some up with:

Way back, I think it was about 1994, went on a blues cruise on a chartered Disney Big Red Boat. The only cruise I've ever been on. Blues bands, lots of them and we were all sailing together. Bands and people. The Kansas City Blues Society rented the boat and a whole bunch of us folks bought tickets.

Taj Mahal was on that ride. Got a chance to sit in a small room on that ship and listen to Taj do his work. Fantastic, on a steel Dobro. It was then, when it had happened recently....Taj stopped between songs. And went off on a tangent about Kurt Cobain. Taj seemed really upset/pissed about it (the Cobain thing) ...."So I'm on top of the world and everybody loves me, so I'm gonna kill myself."

I don't quite get it either Taj, but the media is talking about Robin's addictions and stuff, as they will.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You know how he speaks gibberish... Does sign language the same way.. Perfect gestures, nonsense signs! True genius!

Comment

It's not about being on top of the world or how many people love your work or you, guys. Depression is a real thing. Think of how bad it was in that mans mind for death to seem like a better alternative than living, when he actually did have damn near anything he could want. Chew that over for a minute, then tell me all he had to do was look on the bright side of things.

He had a deep effect on me in Dead Poets Society, it came out when I was still young, around 15. It was like nothing I had seen before and nothing like what I expected from him. Blew my mind.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Apparently he didn't know Frampton was coming to town.

Comment

Why take himself away from all of us who enjoyed his work?
                              "So I'm on top of the world and everybody loves me, so I'm gonna kill myself."

Exactly. Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X