The Heisenberg Pickle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heisenberg Pickle

It used to be green, and was known as the pickle because of it. I have since rechristened it The Heisenberg Pickle. Its a 1971 Travco with a 413 RB spinning a 727. Rides like a shit brick wagon,has some issue, but came with a 6KW generator that works and the aforementioned RB Mopar. I needed a space to live in for the winter, this just got the nod today.

Neat stuff. Always likedvTravcos.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Can always park it in the shop to make it warmer..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Can always park it in the shop to make it warmer..

If I ever get to build the shop. Which is a big part of why i got this, cheap living space that is relatively mobile.

Comment

I'm sorry you're in need of a mobile domicile but that's a great choice if needed. I hope you can get something more substantial soon - but now you have a great generator and a 413!

Dan

Comment

I think Squirrel has a Travco... there's a club for them and a semi cult-like following. Not quite as rabid as the Airstream guys. lol. If the vents and AC are sealed, it's a lot better at not leaking than the seamed at the sides kind.

Love it!
            Last edited by Beagle; August 16, 2014, 08:18 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yep, definitely. If Jim still has his (haven't heard about it in a while) that makes two regular BangShift posters who have Travcos and we have a Superior with the same chassis...funky old Chrysler stuff with big-blocks, brake boosters halfway down the frame rails and five giant screws holding each wheel on. Funny thing is, once 'way back when Gail caught me gawking at a Travco she jumped on it like that and said NOOO WAY...and then a few years later she went for the Superior which may possibly not be the better-looking of the two. We do like the Superior's huge panoramic front glass set.

That is an ongoing project...converting to diesel/manual trans power and heavier brakes/axles for towing is the next task.

Comment

Just don't paint it brown.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

CAmmo paint it so it blends in with the surrounds of your lot.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X