The Heisenberg Pickle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heisenberg Pickle

Aka my house rod. It used to be green and was named The Pickle by the PO. Yes its a Dodge, sorta. 413 powered 1971 Travco. Seems to run pretty well at least for the 80 miles I had to roll it back to my camp. Already have someone wanting it, but its my home for the winter. Has a wood burner in it and its mobile, plus the dogs liked it when they checked it out today.

Looks kind of cool. Keep. It gas powered.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

No worries there, no plans to go oil burner with it, but I have been thinking maybe someday restore it, airbag it with heavy truck parts to get the ride better, swap some disc brakes under there, and power it with a new Hemi and OD trans.

Comment

Cool!

I don't think I've ever seen a cast-iron wood-burning stove in a motor home.

Comment

Love it! Please get a carbon monoxide detector.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Not a bad idea, but if it's anything like my camper, it leaks so much air CO is not much of a concern...

I think it was BigBlockMopar on here that posted this in my school bus thread many many moons ago:

then again, the built in heater in my camper is externally vented, does the Travco have a combustion vent for the stove?
            Last edited by Beagle; August 19, 2014, 06:59 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a wood-burning stove in a school bus . . . .

Comment

A girl I went to High School with and her BF died from CO, They were sleeping in a (Horse?) trailer, I can not remember what type of heater they were using.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

My sister during her ski-bum years had a very small wood-stove in the corner of a Ford van. Said to work well, but I suppose wherever the propane tank would normally go needs to hold a stack of firewood now...

Comment

A big pile of firewood is no problem. I've been heating with wood most of my life, and I have a stockpile. Should have it set up and be living out there around the first, been working at it almost daily, but lost two days to rain.

I'm going to install a co detector but I'm pretty sure it will be drafty enough to not be a problem.

Comment

Really cool camper, and with wood heat!

Comment

Travco nice Todd..
                        Shared it on Good Old RV's. http://goodoldrvs.ning.com/

Comment

definitely diggin it! really cool and with your skills, some really cool upgrades for the ol' girl are a definite possibility... I never leave well enough alone, and if the dogs love it, that's the ticket! may want to add a skirt/kilt to it for the winter tho...
                          Last edited by silver_bullet; August 22, 2014, 02:09 PM.
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Once the snow starts, I won't have to worry about air under it as much as being able to get out.

Comment

That's an awesome Travco. Are you on the Travco forums?! I've been looking for a 69-72 Travco 270 for a while!
                              Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                              www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X