More street racing deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More street racing deaths

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Lets use some stimulus money for urban drag strips......what say you?

Re: More street racing deaths

You can have all the strips you want, but it's not going to stop street racing. Street racing is like manslaughter, you really don't plan on it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
      You can have all the strips you want, but it's not going to stop street racing. Street racing is like manslaughter, you really don't plan on it happening.
      x2, sort of. I believe that if some people had a more suitable environment, they wouldn't street race. It is a 40 minute drive to the nearest track for those of us in Cadillac, so I know a lot of kids plan races out on some of the two lane blacktops out of town. I have seen some racing in town, but I don't care for the concept of endangering someone else's life with your dumb actions.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
        You can refuse to race on the street. I do it all the time. It takes two to have a race. If one driver says 'no' then the other will go someplace else.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          This is Darwin's Theory of Evolution at it's best, Survival of the Fittest (or smartest in this case).
          Soon all the dumb-asses will be no more and then the roads will be safe once again for law abiding citizens.
          Except once again they took out the innocent passer by and his kid.

Comment

over doing it with the tech inspection ?

Comment

Crap !!
              That's what I get for not reading the link first.
              I just presumed the street racers were the ones killed, but as usual, the criminals got off without injury and killed Innocent bystanders !! And then they had the audacity to run away ??
              Makes me sick ...
              :P

Comment

I don't know what goes on in your neck of the woods, But- A disturbing trend developed several yrs ago in the street racing scene around here...The youngsters in their 4 cyl hot rods have taken to doing the drag racing en masse..... There are several spots around here where their are four lane roads and they will line up the two cars racing up front and then all the posuers line up behind...and when the first two take off, all the rest follow as fast as they can...so...... you end up with (I've seen 10 cars at once) a nascar race on city streets...Just Lunacy....I haven't heard of anything happening yet that's been too terrible, but its just a matter of time. Apparently the kids feel that if they race like this...the cops can't catch them all.....young 'n dumb.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

when my buddy races people, he goes to an airstrip he's friends with the guys there, so, if no planes are scheduled to come in, he races, sometimes like F&F, 4 cars
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

two 1 cent .22 shells would do nicely to the two that ran away!! >
                    bad enough they caused it but total weak trash to run away!! I hope they pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I know lots of street racing still goes on in Chicago, but theres plenty who now race at the Grove, Byron, and US41. Always lots of cars back in the shadows of the pits, hoods get slammed if you walk too close, "N/T" in shoe polish on many windows (No Time, leaves the scoreboards off). I really like Midnight Mayhem at Cordova. Racing from midnight to 4 AM, no tree, no scoreboard, spotters decide who won. Street tires and mufflers required. I especially like the kids in their crazy foreign cars who race earlier in the evening. They think they have the fastest car around, then throw a 16 up on the board.

Comment

hard for the not so wealthy to get the track , truck , trailer , new safety equipment , license , faa physical , 20 bucks admission +24 dollar tech cars , three time trials
                        broken parts
                        now NHRA is enforcing the safety rules on import racing after looking the other way for years
                        my buddy had to put the stock glass in his civic just to run last year

Comment

Safety ain't a bad thing my friend, I know....
                          :'(

Comment

safety costs big dough the youngsters don't have
                            I think a lot of is overkill , fed roll over standards since the late 80s means your car almost has a rollcage in it
                            oh , yeah - a 17 second car really needs a helmet -stupid nanny state of nj
                            after I drove the car 130 mph on the turnpike going there
                            I agree safety equpment is great , but people drive a lot harder on the streets to get to the track

Comment

Working...
                            X