I'm done moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done moving!

What a relief. A huge weight has been removed from our shoulders. We walked away at least not owing money and that's about it. Now the big problem is sorting through everything.The house now looks like a used furniture show room, LOL. What I have learned and my advice to everyone? START THROWING SHIT OUT!
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

4 sheds, 34' school bus and a 12X24 foot garage all full of collectables, not counting cars, trucks and stuff piled outside..nor the stuff I got at the farm... Guess it is time for a clear out ... How could I forget the 25' travel trailer!!!

Comment

I just moved about 6 weeks ago...
      being temporary for 17 years, I found I had four bins of junked car parts meant for trash. Several hundred pounds...
      moved it at least 4 times.

mislabeled. Where I was living did not take the metal trash, simply kept it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sounds like you had a moving experience! When we moved from MI to NC there was a BIG incentive to thin out the hoard and we did- though we're still finding stuff we really don't need and so it gets tossed.

Good luck!

Dan

Comment

Moving is always painful. While in the Army I moved 15 times in 20 years. The last move we made was a really big one we had lived in the country for 23 years. Like any good car guy I had a large accumulation of cars and parts. I still have the scars from it and it was 10 years ago. My next move will be to assisted living or the creamatorium. No hurry.

Comment

Me too, GFogg! No more moving.

Dan

Comment

What's funny is how you can live without stuff andforget about it until you open the box and rediscover the junk that you can't rid of all of a sudden.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I moved 24 times not counting my military stint. Been here 20 years now. When I moved in here there was equal space taken for furniture & car parts.

May move once more.

I hoard like DB.

All the best in your new home.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I have a friend that seems to move every six months. Nice guy, but I think he is bipolar. He doesnt pack light either. Magazine and record collections, antique furniture, old pinball and jukeboxes. None of his friends will help him anymore. He gets cheap labor from the illegals hanging around Home Depot. It wont be long until those guys wont help him.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X