Drag race question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag race question

As you all well know, I don't go drag racing.... I know, I'm a terrible person and make all despots look like saints.... that said, I have one of those nagging questions that perhaps you might answer.

So guys are drag racing and one crosses the centerline causing a huge crash. Does the "at fault" driver have to pay damages to the other guy?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Drag race question

no.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Thanks, now I feel more at ease at going racing.... I really do want to find out what the Buick will do; and push the envelope.... but given my uncertainty I could see a moment where something fails and I have an epic bill to pay (besides my car).

Comment

Nope, it is pretty much race at your own risk.

Comment

No, I was at a 1/8 mi track a few years back and the car next to me blew a rear tire out in the traps. He came across to my side and I hit him broadside. After, he came up to me and thanked me,,,,said he thought it was ready to rollover, till I hit him and aimed him to the guardrail. I had minimal damage, his car was a mess. so, NO!
          Living the dream!

Comment

Come Land Speed racing! You can find out what the car can do and there's only one car on the track at a time, so you can only run into yourself. Seems like whether there is a lawsuit depends on how good a lawyer is retained by each side - although you do sign a "hold harmless" agreement that covers the track and fellow racers - at least at any track I've ever raced.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
              As you all well know, I don't go drag racing.... I know, I'm a terrible person and make all despots look like saints.... that said, I have one of those nagging questions that perhaps you might answer.

So guys are drag racing and one crosses the centerline causing a huge crash. Does the "at fault" driver have to pay damages to the other guy?
              only a lawyer...lol
              just kidding..

no you sign a waiver.. before you get to run..

Comment

i've seen guys hand bills and reciepts back and forth for years, most of the time nothing comes from it.
                things have happened in the shut-down area and staging lanes though, where someone was clearly at fault.
                usually it's because someone wasn't paying attention. not too long ago i watched a parachute catch a open door on a car in the shut down area and rip the door off like it was nothing. or some drunk fan trips over a tow rope and steps on a $3000 front wing.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
                  Originally posted by Buickguy

only a lawyer...lol
                  just kidding..

no you sign a waiver.. before you get to run..
                  Yeah, I know... however, lawyers are more risk adverse then any other group in society. I suspect it's because we see the carnage on a daily basis and never the "other" side - the bit that represents the 99% of the time when nothing happens.

Comment

As I see it, it would happen on private property, so ya, your SOL either way.

But saying that if you have insurance on your car, you might be able to put in a claim to get it fixed. But that might depend on your coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro

But saying that if you have insurance on your car, you might be able to put in a claim to get it fixed. But that might depend on your coverage.

only , if you can lie..
                      a totally rolled car isn't gonna fly as a hit and run..lol
                      most insurance carriers..
                      have guys'gals
                      at tracks now..
                      taking pics of lic. plates/

you run on track.. take the plate off..
                      some insurance carriers are cancel'n policies.. after proof of use on a track..

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                        Come Land Speed racing! You can find out what the car can do and there's only one car on the track at a time, so you can only run into yourself. Seems like whether there is a lawsuit depends on how good a lawyer is retained by each side - although you do sign a "hold harmless" agreement that covers the track and fellow racers - at least at any track I've ever raced.

Dan
                        thats not racing
                        it's qualifying

Comment

only , if you can lie..
                          have guys'gals
                          at tracks now..

never seen that , every car I raced [cept the super gasser ] had plates
                          maybe up in crybaby new england ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

only , if you can lie..
                            have guys'gals
                            at tracks now..

never seen that , every car I raced [cept the super gasser ] had plates
                            maybe up in crybaby new england ;D
                            Ya that shit ain't happen around here, that's for sure.

Comment

our 8 second Opel is actually insured, but the insurance coverage stops once you enter the water box and resumes once you are on the return road. It is some kind of a special policy. It is actually my dads car and I am not sure about all the particulars.

Comment

Working...
                              X