Stupid people and vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid people and vehicles

Sometimes I think there should be a competence test before people are allowed to open the hood and poke around. Of course, shops wouldnt get the business that results from idiots like this one, and I would not have the funds available to have a work space this winter if he kept better track of his rags.

Amazing!

Dan

Comment

something doesnt seem quite right there...not sure what it is...cant put my finger on it exaclty...hmmmm....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

No scorch marks? It made it partway into the chamber, and partway out of the chamber.........surely SOME combustion of a limited kind occured while it was in there?

More info is needed.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Hey, You told me you wouldn't tell anyone! LOL
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            No scorch marks? It made it partway into the chamber, and partway out of the chamber.........surely SOME combustion of a limited kind occured while it was in there?

More info is needed.
            agreed.

the sacred gasket swap never gets a rag.. now that would be amazing if it did.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If a shop rag is blocking the port and valve, how would the "hole" get enough fuel or air to support combustion?

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Flat Rate Freddy strikes again

Comment

At the repair shop I worked at (age 19) the boss bought a sixties Bentley, nice car but no oil pressure. Him and the shop "expert" found trashed rod bearings, pulled them out the bottom and just replaced 'em ($50 per shell), de-sludging the pan of this weird amazing crap while they were at it. A week later the bearings spun again. Nobody would let me touch it but I'm like, "hey...Chevy, Bentley, what's the difference...can't we just treat this like a car and fix it?" I went out to the oil barrel, retrieved some of the gunk, ran it through the parts washer to find little pinkish fabric strands and announced that there must be a shop rag in the engine somewhere. Still nobody needed my advice. I stayed late one night, pulled the intake manifold off myself (risky if I had turned out to be wrong) and there it was, a decomposing shop rag laying in the lifter galley feeding a steady stream of those strands into the oil system over time...probably somebody's sabotage. Really...all the bearings were bad, not just the noisy ones. They all stood there the next morning, gazing at that...suddenly everyone was interested in my advice! My advice at that point? "Put a Chevy in it!" And, like that, nobody was interested in my advice again. Good times, wouldn't trade it.

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                      If a shop rag is blocking the port and valve, how would the "hole" get enough fuel or air to support combustion?
                      You don't suppose that rag was in the air-fuel mix when that mix+rag got sucked into the chamber do ya?
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Don't need combustion for compression...7 cylinders firing will do that I suppose...

Comment

My question is, how long has that been there? Maybe it's just the lighting, but that cylinder doesn't look as dirty as the other...
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                            My question is, how long has that been there? Maybe it's just the lighting, but that cylinder doesn't look as dirty as the other...
                            Running lean perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                              At the repair shop I worked at (age 19) the boss bought a sixties Bentley, nice car but no oil pressure. Him and the shop "expert" found trashed rod bearings, pulled them out the bottom and just replaced 'em ($50 per shell), de-sludging the pan of this weird amazing crap while they were at it. A week later the bearings spun again. Nobody would let me touch it but I'm like, "hey...Chevy, Bentley, what's the difference...can't we just treat this like a car and fix it?" I went out to the oil barrel, retrieved some of the gunk, ran it through the parts washer to find little pinkish fabric strands and announced that there must be a shop rag in the engine somewhere. Still nobody needed my advice. I stayed late one night, pulled the intake manifold off myself (risky if I had turned out to be wrong) and there it was, a decomposing shop rag laying in the lifter galley feeding a steady stream of those strands into the oil system over time...probably somebody's sabotage. Really...all the bearings were bad, not just the noisy ones. They all stood there the next morning, gazing at that...suddenly everyone was interested in my advice! My advice at that point? "Put a Chevy in it!" And, like that, nobody was interested in my advice again. Good times, wouldn't trade it.

HAHAHAH... awesome story!

Comment

Working...
                              X