Hydraulics (or fuel system) question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulics (or fuel system) question

Alright, I've got a question that's mostly hydraulics but since part of a fuel system I'd ask ya'll since I am not a hydraulics person.

For my Bonneville destroker I'm going to be running Bosch K-Jet MFI and I need more capacity than a single system will give me so I'm planning running a pair in parallel. The thing is that that gives me 8 injectors (Volvo 240 2.3L I4 Turbo units) and I only have 6 cylinders in a dry flow EFI intake so I'm not thinking spraying just behind the throttle body is such a good idea. As such I was thinking that I'd manifold 2 lines from each unit into a rail on each bank (4 total per bank) and run 3 lines out to the injectors (3 per bank).

The hydraulic question: If you feed in a fixed amount of fluid (fuel) from 2 different metering orifices with constant pressure into a manifold, is what comes out of a single outlet the sum of the two flows since the outlet is just a spring loaded poppet valve?

I think it would be the sum assuming the injector will flow to the maximum flow that the fuel distributors will provide. Your thoughts?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

I'm no help on this but there has to be someone who has a clue. I'd ask around at work - there HAS to be a hydraulics person in that crowd.

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X