Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the Bandit Trans Ams have really reached these prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the Bandit Trans Ams have really reached these prices?

I came across this fantastic T/A while surfing Craigslist, but can't believe what they are asking even if Burt Reynolds signed the glove box. What say you? http://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/4617138287.html
    Attached Files
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

the shaker looks incorrect.

my bro n law has a black ta, complete with pinholed firewall.
    big shaker.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

$60,000?! Holy shnikies! That's a damn nice TA, but still not worth that I would think. Are we now going to see disco era cars go through the roof?

And you're right Barry, that shaker is sitting real low. Something's not quite right there. For a full frame off resto, you think they would have gotten that detail correct.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Got one that year I sold the motor out of, shaker sits higher! .. Hope they don't go thru the roof or I'd kick myself!

Comment

I'm wondering if this is the car that the Gas Monkeys built last year?
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            I'm wondering if this is the car that the Gas Monkeys built last year?
            That'll explain that!

Comment

Same guy selling this one too. Overpriced as well. http://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/4630120744.html
              Attached Files

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think I would rather have this one and still have $20,000 in my pocket. http://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/4617038048.html
                Attached Files

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The 73-74 Super Duty is the highest, then the SD and HO Formulas due to very low production, then HO Trans Ams and RAIV 1970 TAs.Then you have a jump to the W72 engined 77-79 TA with 4 speeds like the first one. The 403 powered cars come in next, and right now its a toss up between the 10th Anniversary and the black Special Edition TA. Round port cars are bringing $20k for rough ones, $75-$90+ for very nice. $60k is a bit high but he can get an easy $30 from the black TA if its done right and has everything in place for the W72 engine. Yes they are that high now, and the early cars are going stupid again, but its a slower climb than in years past.

Contrast that with the Camaro, and nobody wants a 2nd gen Camaro, least of all anything built after 1973. Trans Ams and some Formula birds are going up. No idea why the late cars are, I have five of the 79s and just dont see whats so much more special than the 70-73.

Comment

I prefer the 70-73 personally...never cared for the 5mph rear bumpers or wrap around rear window...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a 403 car to drop one of my 455s into.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

All things in perspective I guess... I couldn't afford a T/A back then, and I won't afford one now. It would have taken me longer to buy one not needing a restoration back in the day than it would to buy the inflated restored one now, but it doesn't surprise me that much in a world of 60k PICKUP TRUCKS! Nothing makes sense to me any more I guess. When did we go to pesos?
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

These cars with a healthy 455 are silly fun, you dont even need to change the 2.41 to 2.73 gears, just find a way to make them hook with all that grunt. Im thinking my yellow 79 with the 467 from the blue 79, keeping the 2.41 gears but making it legal for Ohio and seeing how fast I can make it go in a mile.

Comment

The last Camaro or Firebird I'd want to own was built in 1973. I've owned several IROC Camaros, and I do like them - but their "downsides" are pretty overwhelming especially since there are better options out there (like a Fox body mustang).

So no, Scott, I don't think they're worth 60,000 - however, I bet there are people who would pay it... so more power to the seller.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The shakers from the 1977 Trans Ams sat very low. I'm not sure if those were the 403 or 400 engine cars but the issue was fixed for the 78 models. Pretty much everything out there is so far overpriced yet you have some fools willing to pay those prices. I blame Barrett Jackson, Mecum and the rest of them for driving prices out of sight. Of course the most overpriced cars are the Mopars, 1st gen camaros, all but the late GTO's, early Shelby's ect. Pickups as someone mentioned while nice are just a joke as far as prices go. Love them but I can't justify the money for those. Guess we all need to win the lottery!
                              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X