Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GFogg, Thought you might get a kick out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFogg, Thought you might get a kick out of this.

You know what havasu means in Indian don't you? It means Blue.

This is the guy that helped me biuld my 69 Firebird back in MI.

Harold Martin. Very cool dude.

Casper, the thing that keeps getting me is you and GFOGG haven't met, as far as I have heard of at least. In the Southern perspective, at least, y'all are right across town from each other. I don't understand why that hasn't happened. And I don't know how big "town" is there, never been there.

It's because the best part of BangShift for me is meeting folks live, not just the Un-car stuff I type and pollute this place with. It's the people. I absolutely love it, the people. Maybe generations apart, but you and GFOGG are in the same place.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Looks like you had some pretty high speed help. Do you still have the Fire Bird? Did you race it? On that subject, one of the things on my bucket list is to go to a big time race and see some of those sub-4 sec dragsters run. I hear they are a bit more impressive that when my friend and I raced out Olds powered A coupe in the 50s Any way that looks like a guy who could help you go fast which in my opinion is what it's all about. Pee Wee it's his fault. I tried.

Comment

BTW here's another Pontiac. Given the right guy and a lot of money this ahould be cool. Too much work for me though. It's close, in Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
          I tried.
          You sure did Sir. That's all any of us can do at times. And then be puzzled even more after that perhaps.

Comment

Oh here's the Pontiac http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/4631558233.html

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
              Looks like you had some pretty high speed help. Do you still have the Fire Bird? Did you race it? On that subject, one of the things on my bucket list is to go to a big time race and see some of those sub-4 sec dragsters run. I hear they are a bit more impressive that when my friend and I raced out Olds powered A coupe in the 50s Any way that looks like a guy who could help you go fast which in my opinion is what it's all about. Pee Wee it's his fault. I tried.
              It was built to street race, I had no interest in taking it to the track. I sold it when I moved to AZ.

Comment

The reason I stayed away from the track is because the guys I ran on the street ran theirs at the track. I didn't want them to know how fast the car really was.

Comment

Racing on a track can be expensive, but then if you get unlucky I guess street racing can be as well. I've done some of both but I'm not so interested in racing as driving a car can can perform when I want it to.

Comment

I was easily in the 9s with a small shot, but the engine was built to handle scary shots. Martin was big on nitrous and that engine was bullet proof. I never put a cage in it because the track guys like easy targets and the cage is a dead give-away.

Comment

Casper, bless your heart, I honestly believe you are just plain full of bullshit. Prove it ain't so, and I can be SO very wrong and eat it with crow as a side dish.

Comment

Proving it gets old quick P, I'm just plain sick of getting non-stop challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
                          Proving it gets old quick P, I'm just plain sick of getting non-stop challenged.
                          More bullshit.

Comment

Oh brother Pdub, give it a rest. We know Southerners live for drama, but eventually it gets a bit old.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

...Said the lawyer, so I'd better comply

Comment

Working...
                              X