The Favorite Mess-It-Up Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Favorite Mess-It-Up Shirt

I've been out there washing Red's wheels on the B&D Workmate platform in the driveway. And spraying car goop everywhere, getting more on me than on the car. Fun. The shirt. Does anybody else have a favorite shirt they like to mess up over and over again, keep washing it and mess it up again? I've actually tried a time or two to throw it away but Unit says, "But you LOVE that shirt!" A reversal of roles. Someday I'll throw it away.

Mine's a Rusty Wallace Shirt. Holes all in it, the photo doesn't nearly do it justice. Back when I was a NASCAR fan, and that's how long it was ago....Rusty...well, I liked his first name I guess. The coolest thing about Rusty Wallace was before he got "sophisticated." I'll never forget it...I was driving to work one morning in South Carolina. Had the radio on, John Boy and Billy out of Charlotte. They had Rusty Wallace in the studio. He'd got wrecked real good the weekend before that in some race or another, and John Boy asked him what he thought about that.

Rusty said, and I'm using acronyms and paraphrases, Rusty said, on live radio, all of the real words, "That MF is a CRAZY SOB. When he hit me I said "You SOB, you MF, what the F do you think you're F-ing doing, you crazy F-ing SOB?!?!?!!?"" There was a long pregnant pause on the radio. Finally John Boy said...."RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTY........" Rusty said, "Did I F-up?" Rusty disappeared from the media for a week or two and came back talking like he did on TV broadcasts. Anyhow...the shirt...

Attached Files
    Last edited by pdub; September 1, 2014, 06:05 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Heck! Mine get holes in the pockets big enough to lose my damn iPhone thru, .. Get weld splatter and grinder sparks on the top of my belly... It makes a shelf for crap to land on... All my car working shirts go to hell on the top of the belly first.. Usually get arc flashed thru the holes and when I'm shirtless (in the shower) i can see red spots!

Comment

One shirt? Hell, I got a whole drawer full of car work shirts, now that I've dropped 15lbs. When I was in construction they was all the same shirts anyway.

Bob, I get those spots too. Not quite to the shelf stage and trying HARD to not get there. I get grinder rash on my belly and I have socks with slag holes. I had to learn the hard way to stop buying mesh shoes. Even with all leather shoes and shorts, slag finds its way into painful places.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

nice shirt.

my favorite looks like I got shot with a 12 gauge.. I love welding. the mystery of my astronautical physics ill loves the sparks. I do not wear gloves to weld, and most often short sleeve to the point of bleeding sunburn.... relief. just uranium or sarin, typical maine air guard stuff (1992-1998)...nothing a mig welder can't fix

reminds me to get a photo of the iron bleeding stainless steel. I have concluded the steel rot is ME.

swearing is quite ok sometimes.

I was left jaw dropped myself by a colonel in old military memoires getting revived..."its not about the ####ing airplane, you two saved each other."

I know what mattered after that day... never forgot it.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 1, 2014, 07:36 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have a shelf in my office/dressing room (it's really the smallest bedroom but there's no bed in it) and the whole top shelf is "shop shirts". I generally wear T-shirts ("Dressing up" is any shirt with a collar) now that I'm retired and when they get shabby they go in the shop shirt pile. So I have 'em buy the score. Tossed one today just because it was too grubby to bother to wash it.

Dan

Comment

When I graduated UTI in 1983 I had the presence of mind to keep 3 of the work shirts they issued us on first day of school. The cool thing is, they still fit even though I was skinny 19 year old at the time.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
            X