camaro 29 MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camaro 29 MPG

wow , I never wouldve thunk it. the v6 is rated at 29 mpg highway. and more than expected by GM.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: camaro 29 MPG

3.6 is a great motor , shifts at 7500 rpm

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      3.6 is a great motor , shifts at 7500 rpm
      Just think SuperCharger. :

Comment

13.5:1 compression on 87 octane.

I will be buying one of these, and tuning in some timing for 93octane, and see what kinda power it makes. I'm thinking at least 325 to the wheels

Comment

Hell yeah.....I want to see it spin to 9000....

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

direct injection

Comment

yessir, i think boost on the stock junk pistons would be bbbbbbaaaaaadddd

Comment

Originally posted by greenjunk
                yessir, i think boost on the stock junk pistons would be bbbbbbaaaaaadddd
                Hey now, hypers are not nearly as bad as people think. They're just like rotary engines: one ping under boost and it's all over. But there are guys making 900+hp on stock longblocks...

Have you read about the tuning methods on these new engines yet? it's NOTHING like you've seen (unless you've worked on atlas engine retuning). There aren't any VE tables, MAF tables, nothing like that at all. The software is a "model" that only has like 5 tunable parameters. I'd hate to be the guys at HPT or EFILive and figuring that out.

Look into "X-Tau" enrichments if you want to read about modelling. It's sick. The MS guys are playing around with it and from what I hear - it's not going to be understood in the mainstream for a while.

Still. I can't wait to get my hands on a DI motor just to play with. They only run about 25% duty cycle to make OEM power. Supplemental injectors will be the ticket here.

-scott
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yeah - green beer and predicting manifold wall-wetting go together like oil and water! :D
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I was afraid to look, thanks Beagle now I know why!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Without emissions could they better that with the V-8 ??? The vette with the LS3 gets 26-28 on the highway right ?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        Yeah - green beer and predicting manifold wall-wetting go together like oil and water! :D
                        Enough green beer, and the alley behind the bar will have a wet wall.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

300+ hp with no boost is pretty cool in a sixer
                          time to direct inject the LS motor

Comment

Cut the thing in half and throw the three cylinder 150 horse beast into a 2200lb econo box and beat the Prius to death like a horse who can't run.
                            Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                              I wanna see a fuel leak. Will it water jet a hole in the hood?
                              The gassers don't run as much pressure as the DI Diesels... but it should still be a pretty good show

Comment

Working...
                              X