Funny Car Tire Vs. Pro Mod Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Car Tire Vs. Pro Mod Tire

This has come up twice recently. During some PDRA or SCSN coverage someone mentioned going to a Funny Car Tire on their Door Car. Also in a Larry Larson interview he said the S-10 could accommodate a Funny Car Tire. Silly me I thought Funny Car, Pro Mod, Top Fuel and possibly Pro Stock and some Sportsman all ran the same big by huge sticky. I could go dig through the Hoosier and Goodyear websites, but let's let someone exhibit their mastery here. What ARE the differences specifically. I know, size and compound, but how and why?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    I could go dig through the Hoosier and Goodyear websites, but let's let someone exhibit their mastery here.
    So, you admit to taking the lazy way out ?

Comment

Yes, that, more specifics and more stuff BangShifters would find interesting. The idea here is not to prove who is smartest, but who is the most fun to watch. Like hiring the handicapped!

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Yes, that, more specifics and more stuff BangShifters would find interesting. The idea here is not to prove who is smartest, but who is the most fun to watch. Like hiring the handicapped!
        who is going to answer after that.

jerk.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Or who might take them self a bit too seriously!

BTW I collect disability, have 2 Psych Diagnosis and several Physical ones so go ahead and say I don't respect people with disabilities.

Comment

Top Fuel Funny Car tires are taller 36x17.5x16 and use a D2E compound, where as Top Alcohol Funny Car/Pro Mod tires come in 36x17x16 and 34.5x17x16 sizes and use a D2A compound.
            Last edited by BigAL; September 15, 2014, 05:41 PM.
            The Green Machine.
            http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

That's the short answer I would have got going straight to the web myself. I was hoping for something more "racer insider". Got this from Hoosier: Click image for larger version

Name:	hoos.png
Views:	1661
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	967976 Cryptic. I call B.S. on the Goodyear site. No Way do they only make 3 tires for all those classes: Click image for larger version

Name:	GY.png
Views:	1894
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	967977 Yes, there are those less than 2 inch dimensional differences and OMG THE PRICE! So there still must be some construction differences. I think the difference that requires vehicle changes to fit them is the LW and HG. LW is lightweight and HG is High Growth. So in the two bottom tires I'd say 2922 is what people are calling a Pro Mod tire and 1230 is the Alcohol Funny Car tire. But I'd still like to hear from more than us keyboard racers.
              Last edited by RockJustRock; September 15, 2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X