No announcement yet.

We Have Our Limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Bubba was lowered, tunered, and wide tired, he might drive the truck on tour, problem is with his short attention span, he might forget the $1000's in stereo equipment in the bed and drift around a corner

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      That must be one Big Mutha mixer.
      It's full-growed, and it's a whole lot heavier than it "is." Because the guy I bought it from all those years ago, he'd hard-mounted it inside a half-inch plywood box he built around it, complete with a latching cover. Hea-VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. And handles that are too small in grip-diameter so they want to cut your fingers off because you can only get one hand on the handle. Well, your hand on that end and my hand on this end. And we waddle with it and grunt.

My acoustic blues buddy and I in South Carolina hauled that beast to every gig. Look at the sliders in the photo- from the last playing session. We were using 5 channels out of all of that. Until we set up at a beer joint one night right beside a 6-channel Yamaha they already had. Hey......look at THAT! Ewwwww we NEED that. So we got one. That's the one that played at the Gear Head last time (hauled in Red), but it just doesn't have enough holes for what we're gonna do this time. Not nearly enough holes. Edit - a rerun of the board photo:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pdub; September 16, 2014, 01:45 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Time to get a hand truck to move it around the house and shop crane to lift it into the truck. You just cant have too many tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
          Time to get a hand truck to move it around the house and shop crane to lift it into the truck. You just cant have too many tools.
          I love that line of thought. This IS Bangshift after all! And I'll add to that an elevator installed in the house. I'll have hand trucks, but I can nearly already see me and the sound board and the two-wheeler tangled in a lifeless mess at the bottom of the staircase.

Comment

Doesn't matter what you show up in as long as you show up. Really looking foward to meeting the woman behind the mad man. I know he " needs help ".
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

PeeWee's Peavey, O.K.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Sueunit,
                Use Google Chrome...nothing but problems here with Explorer...
                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  PeeWee's Peavey, O.K.
                  I bought that board, well I bought the whole band from the local Trader magazine, Auto Trader, but there used to be other stuff in it too. Probably at least 15 years ago. A section for music stuff. Bought the whole package, had to go out of town to get it, like I'll want to sell it all someday. The guy said he was running a church band, getting out of it.

Funny, all the microphones smelled like beer. An no instructions to go with the board. It was not apparent, not even to me (I thought I knew stuff) how to make passive stage monitors work on that board. But I have active stage monitors now. The passive monitors were a mystery.

I called Peavy in Alabama. I told them, this is a used board, I didn't buy it from them new. They speed-snail-mailed me a fat manual for that board. The postage was about 7 dollars, in old money. I was an instant fan. That's customer service right there. And I bought a few new more smaller Peavy specialty amps for the "studio" just because of that.

That little Yamaha PA head is cool, though. Just not enough holes in it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                    Sueunit,
                    Use Google Chrome...nothing but problems here with Explorer...
                    Gail,
                    Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind. Quote function seems to working now with ie. Maybe it's this new hotrod of a computer. The old one hosed up on a lot of things.

Comment

No help here - I'm a hard-core MAC guy. I even got my cheapskate brother to convert a year or so ago.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

I love that line of thought. This IS Bangshift after all! And I'll add to that an elevator installed in the house. I'll have hand trucks, but I can nearly already see me and the sound board and the two-wheeler tangled in a lifeless mess at the bottom of the staircase.
                        Just trying to save your back. I can't help with your balance.

Comment

Can find an aluminum folding dolly to fit in Red!

Comment

Working...
                          X