Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor Authority Doesn't Agree with Chad's Foot Wear Choices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Authority Doesn't Agree with Chad's Foot Wear Choices.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/street-...161405165.html
    Escaped on a technicality.

Some folks are just so negative

Comment

Who gives a rats ass what this schmuck takes exception to? Tired of teh street legal, street car debate...

And yeah, flip flops anywhere but slumming around town or the beach is a bad idea but thats just me...I value my flesh and toes...Chad probably had a fire suit on his beard tho....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

what a pussy. I tried to find it on Facebook so I could tell him Registration is just proving up that you own it. At least in this state, the Safety inspection is the emissions part, and DW doesn't require it.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Actually for the year of the truck body used, by Federal Law he has to run Catalytic Converters to be legal to drive on public roads. It is Illegal to remove catalytic converters on a car that came with them from the factory. IMO due to the year of the truck used, Larry's S10 was not street legal and in violation of Federal Law. I think they should add that to the rules for next year, cause at anytime Larry could have been pulled over and ticketed for not having catalytic converters and if the cop wanted to be a dick he could have the car impounded. And honestly where did Larry get the car inspected that they didn't flag it for not having Catalytic Converters, I'm thinking someone got paid off.
          The Green Machine.
          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Same with my car and probably same for 75% of the field of any year. I guess we should have Motor Trend Drag Week, completely stock cars.

BTW, I didn't pay anyone off to register my Skylark.
            Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 16, 2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

blah, blah, blah, blah...evey nit picker gearhead on the planet is out in force over this...who gives a flying f*uck....he was within the rules of cometition. If you want to form a competiton and have a laundry list of rules for your racing categories have at it. Fact is, HR said these are the rules, he qualified under them...thats it. It isnt steel, it has X fuel systems, it didnt have cats, it has this or that...f*ck me already...everything has to be a MF-ing debate...EVERYTHING....I swear people will debate the color of the sky just so they can voice their opinion on the matter...SMH....

*rant over*
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
                Actually for the year of the truck body used, by Federal Law he has to run Catalytic Converters to be legal to drive on public roads. It is Illegal to remove catalytic converters on a car that came with them from the factory. IMO due to the year of the truck used, Larry's S10 was not street legal and in violation of Federal Law. I think they should add that to the rules for next year, cause at anytime Larry could have been pulled over and ticketed for not having catalytic converters and if the cop wanted to be a dick he could have the car impounded. And honestly where did Larry get the car inspected that they didn't flag it for not having Catalytic Converters, I'm thinking someone got paid off.
                Actually - face it - Inspection is not required for DragWeek... only Registration, and there is NOTHING in Registration about whether the car is legal to operate - just ownership. I don't think states enforce federal law either, just their own. Takes a federal agency to enforce federal law I believe. Could be wrong on that... but you can still get busted by the Feds in any state for possession of pot... fwiw.

I get torqued up about the guys who say "How did you register that? It's not legal!"

Of course it is, he OWNS IT.

Now, let's talk about the cam in your Camaro. Oh - and that law about converters I believe says it's illegal to remove a FUNCTIONING catalytic converter. How many cars do you think you've run across that have had a broom handle shoved down the pipe and busted out the catalyst? I've seen a few.

ODBII here, hell, they don't even really do a visual and I'm in DFW where they have serious pollution issues and are considered a little bit Strict. If the 'puter doesn't report any error codes, it passes.
                Last edited by Beagle; September 16, 2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  blah, blah, blah, blah...evey nit picker gearhead on the planet is out in force over this...who gives a flying f*uck....he was within the rules of cometition. If you want to form a competiton and have a laundry list of rules for your racing categories have at it. Fact is, HR said these are the rules, he qualified under them...thats it. It isnt steel, it has X fuel systems, it didnt have cats, it has this or that...f*ck me already...everything has to be a MF-ing debate...EVERYTHING....I swear people will debate the color of the sky just so they can voice their opinion on the matter...SMH....

*rant over*

Comment

*rant over*
                    Yes within the rules of Competition which is at the track, he was not within the rules of Federal Law to drive to the track. Remember just because HotRod hosted an event doesn't mean they don't have to fallow the Laws of the Land. I'm just pointing out an error in Larry's car choice, it would be easy for someone to pay a cop off to pull Larry over and ticket him for non-compliance and impound his car. That is a reality that could happen.
                    The Green Machine.

Comment

*rant over*
                      hell yes, that's why they call it a discussion forum!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
                        That is a reality that could happen.
                        A meteorite could strike out of the blue half way between track 2 and 3 and take any of us out of competition too! What if...What if... What if...

Comment

I'll worry about my catalytic converters the next time the FBI pulls me over

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

A meteorite could strike out of the blue half way between track 2 and 3 and take any of us out of competition too! What if...What if... What if...
                            Exactly, but why take the chance, all it takes is DOT to set up an inspection check point and they'll start impounding cars left and right.
                            The Green Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              Same with my car and probably same for 75% of the field of any year. I guess we should have Motor Trend Drag Week, completely stock cars.

BTW, I didn't pay anyone off to register my Skylark.
                              your car is old enough here to be exempt from emissions testing by the state, although the federal laws still trump that. Remember the smog nazi Foyt from Canonball Run? He was supposed to be a fed if I remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X