The Anatomy of a Real Slow "Accident"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anatomy of a Real Slow "Accident"

I did something two or three weeks ago, and only discovered it today...going out there to mess with the cars. Almost all incident investigations in the workplace involving damage or injury reveal that there was something different going on that day. It's said that multiple factors must come together to create an incident. I'd argue that to a certain point, cell phones and driving, that's just one thing.

Anyhow....

1. I committed internally to take Bubba to the hoopla at the Gearhead Inn, with all of the sound equipment. Different factor No. 1.

2. I put in a hose reel in the garage for my air compressor. I love that thing. It's soooooooo....I love it, have used it a whole lot just because I can.

3. I'll need to load Bubba with sound equipment the day before the big hoopla because I'll probably have to work that day. And park him in the garage for security.

4. I realized the new hose reel takes up Bubba's parking spot in the garage, his nose goes under that shelf with about a half inch to spare to close the garage door. Bubba can't park there anymore, we can't put Bubba and another one of our cars in the garage together.

5. Will Bubba go in there by himself? I tried it, yes he will fit, in the center of the garage. One day I eased him in there, and he sure did fit.

But....I mashed my garage fan that is right there. Didn't know it until just now. I've spent an hour taking that thing apart, bending it back into shape, it "looks" right again, but the moral of the story is you can't fix a cheap fan after you've mashed it. It hops around like a jackhammer. It's done. It's going by the street. The anatomy of a slow accident:

Attached Files
    Last edited by pdub; September 18, 2014, 01:33 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You gonna hot rod Bubba on the cruise? Or just bump along struggling to keep up?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      You gonna hot rod Bubba on the cruise? Or just bump along struggling to keep up?
      I've got two full-sized paper grocery bags with eye holes cut in them. Unit and I will be wearing those.

Comment

Well documented incident scene photo

How far do you think the fan will get if it had an extension cord?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          Well documented incident scene photo

How far do you think the fan will get if it had an extension cord?
          Unlimited, per the cord. It's like one of the football players on those old vibrating football games. I'm going, I'm going I'm going. The Vikings beat the Chiefs every time on that game, but it was all just random to begin with.

Comment

You now know what you have to do right? Damage and repair another fan then start up a gambling ring betting on the two.

You can have "sumo" matches where they cannot leave the circle, or a straight up drag race, or jousting? or or or??

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              You now know what you have to do right? Damage and repair another fan then start up a gambling ring betting on the two.

You can have "sumo" matches where they cannot leave the circle, or a straight up drag race, or jousting? or or or??
              HHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep, all those things.

I've been called a mad man, but your imagination is a lot more flexible than mine Randall. You've got the ball. what to do with a hopping fan? Quick, before the garbage guys come tomorrow.

I know.....maybe I could make a video of it, that would be entertaining. By request only, that would be a lot of work, and I'm off work, but I will if the public demands......

Comment

I DEMAND!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  I DEMAND!
                  dadgummit. Welll.....okay. This is gonna take a while. And I was gonna wash Bluebelle ahead of the Ohio thing, but I'm so stuck on the computer having BangShift fun.......okay. This is gonna take a while. Not long to set up and film, but a long time to publish.

Only for you Bob. Only for you.

EDIT: And Big Al will say, "Thanks for the warning" again, like I'm going to be away. This is going to be fun. But more fun than washing a car. Yeah.....we can do this. Maybe I can even tape something to a fan blade to make it even MORE off balance....like Myth Busters. Okay, this will be fun, but it'll take a while to do.

EDIT-EDIT: Ammo wash Bluebelle while the video camera is charging. I'm actually going to "do" something today. Then we'll get with the video production.

More later as later allows.
                  Last edited by pdub; September 18, 2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

The only things I can come up with for a single fan is sitting it upon a rickety table or stool and watch it wobble, maybe duck tape it to said stool or table*. Or stick it in a 35 gallon trashcan with the lid on, plug it in and see if the can jumps around too?

*Maybe a decent sized empty cardboard box? Like a case of oil box?
                    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 18, 2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

It'd probably take out a window, but maybe tie it upside down from a tree branch or something with a few feet of rope and plug it in and watch the "dance"

Comment

Then send a blind folded kid in with a broom stick to hit "an aggressive pinata"

Comment

peewee gonna change the name to ali bubba.

china is taking over america, bow down now.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Rig it to a motion detector on the front porch for when guests show up to the door.

Comment

Screw a bolt/nut combo on one blade and that'll unbalance it! Ot bend one blade to grab more air!

Comment

Working...
                              X