Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something doesn't seem quite right here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something doesn't seem quite right here!

I emailed NHRA yesterday about the "Qatar Sponsored Dragsters", seriously I would have written even if that sponsorship appeared on Tony Schumacher's or Doug Kalitta's car. I have a real problem seeing a Qatar sponsored car go down the track when it's an admitted fact that Qatar supports the Hamas and they're "strongly" rumored to be helping support the Al Qaeda & ISIS Terrorist Bastards that want to take over the White House and kill as many of us and our troops as they can, how screwed up is that!
    I received a rubber stamped "lame" reply from NHRA which I've included below, in my reply to their lame response I suggested maybe NHRA was willing to look the other way because they didn't want to see a 15 car Top Fuel field with a first round bye at some of their events! There I got that off my chest and I feel better now, I'm sure there are a lot of you that feel the same way, if you don't then go ahead and beat up on me if you want!

NHRA is very aware of the emotions that run high in this area. All I can do is pass along the information we supply to those who ask.

It goes without saying that the NHRA supports America and American values. While we don’t claim to be experts in international politics, we do recognize that America and Qatar share similar perspectives on some global issues and have differing viewpoints on others. You may not be aware that Qatar sponsors the race team in order to promote its very pro-business stance and to foster better understanding between our countries.

Yes, Qatar allows members of Hamas to live freely in its country, but it also is home to America’s largest military base in the Middle East where 10,000 U.S. military personnel are stationed. Some observers have used the simplistic description of calling Qatar the mediator of the Middle East. The connection between Qatar and the United States even extends to college education with the existence of Texas A&M University at Qatar, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar, Northwestern University in Qatar and Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar. Oh, and people in Qatar love drag racing!

I hope this sheds some additional light on the subject.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

One would think that there are other, perhaps better, ways to inform the American public about your middle eastern country's business friendly politics than to sponsor an NHRA race team. Dummy me would think perhaps a NASCAR sponsorship would reach more average Americans for the dollars spent. Why not run ads during the Super Bowl if you are trying to spread a message about your friendly-to-westerners policies.

Ah alas, wtf do I know about global politics or business.
    Last edited by 68scott385; September 20, 2014, 10:14 AM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

It amazes me how sport leagues continually alienate there fan base with stupid decisions. Alibaba is a NHRA sponsor all ready and it's a Chinese company located in Communist China. China has done more harm to the US economy than any other country. Qatar walks a fine line with terrorist and western countries, but bottom line they are only looking out for themselves. With the state of the economy such as it is sponsorship money is getting harder and harder to find. With that in mind wouldn't it make more sense for these sanctioning bodies make rules that actually reduce the cost of racing so as to allow more to participate. There was a time when there wasn't big sponsors in motorsports. I remember back in the day at Talladega when on Sunday morning sign painters would letter cars with local businesses for the race for tire money. Sports in general have lost sight of there purpose and that is to entertain the fans, now it's all about the money, throw-out creativity, innovation and just plain out thinking your competition. More money doesn't mean better racing......it just cost the fan more to by a ticket.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

FWIW I heard that Alanabi Racing will not be competing in TF next year and quite possibly will not be racing with the NHRA at all. Just a rumor possibly but I see your point.

Comment

I hope they can keep going, get over the pile around them.
          one neighborhood can have many different people.

knowing what is good, has confused every retard since the dawn of peace that got too big.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X