Quiz: Earliest mag project cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quiz: Earliest mag project cars

I remember reading about Project X for as long as I can remember.

Also Tony DeFoe's stuff.

Comment

Car Crafts 69 Dart Swinger giveaway car.And Project X.

Comment

project six pack.project mustang a (65/66 orange fast back) just before project x

Comment

Not sure of the chronological order, but Caddy-Hack loved one of the last picks where they went down the track with nothing from the dash back but a seat and a roll bar. Also Project X, but hasn't that been around for about 50 years? Also remember the orange '57 in HR, remember the chassis shot where everything was either orange or chrome/polished.
          sigpic

Comment

Okay,

Flashback '57, the Stroh's giveaway V6 T, Charlie Hayward's Heartland Express '37 Chebbie....

Comment

Project X...

man, have they totally sold out on that car... it's a freaking Hack job that looks like a Pimp has been playing with it... What in the hell where they thinking? A G Force 57 Chevrolet... That 57 Chevrolet...

Jerks...

Keith ( maybe someone who actually knows about cars will get it back to being one someday... )

Comment

Hmmm...

I don't remember any one particular car that I followed along with. I do, however, remember a magazine that I followed VERY closely. Cars Illustrated, with the likes of Tony DeFeo, E-Booger, and Cliff Gromer was like a muscle car bible. I still remember the issue about degreeing a camshaft using a compression gauge. My all-time favorite, though, was a work by DeFeo entitled "Burnout Street" subtitle: "I Know a Place Where You Can Go and Smoke and Be At Peace With the World." Man, that was some good stuff!

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

A '57 Street Legal Brick that's capable of 200mph would be beyond cool.....
                  Let's include it in a Carjunkietv member fee for Keith and the world's largest Bonneville pit crew!

Comment

Working...
                  X