Adopted a dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopted a dog.

This is him at two months right before the Red Ball express . If you care to look in that thread there should be a pic of him when Tire smoke and myself picked up the Javlin in in Brownsburg , In. Well he grew up 2 years in my house and got up to 39 inches at his shoulders and 200 pounds when my youngest daughter moved out 3 years ago. Well she transfered to Chicago and he didn't adapt too well. He started getting aggressive and was going to get put down. Since I have been this dogs alpha male before I had to save him. Here are some before and after shots. And that guy holding him on his shoulders isn't me. This is Meatball.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

That is a huge dog! A gal that works for me has a great dane, and swears she will always own one now. I jokingly tell her I'm waiting for the day I see her riding it around town
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Adopted a dog ended up with a pony.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

real dogs start at 200 lbs, all the rest are just percentage of dogs.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So, tell me about picking up after one of those on walks. What does it take? A plastic grocery bag? A trash can liner?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            So, tell me about picking up after one of those on walks. What does it take? A plastic grocery bag? A trash can liner?
            Wheelbarrow and snow shovel!

Comment

Probably became agressive because it was bored.. Or abused.. I think bored as there are several folks at your house 1-2 at her's... Guessing on my part..

Comment

They're generally Knuckleheads - world's biggest puppies. Kingsford says WOOF and we say best of luck. Thanks for saving him - but the next time get a big Poodle guy!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  This is him at two months right before the Red Ball express
                  He's gorgeous !

Comment

Good on you for stepping up for him. Good lord that is a big dog!
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thats a f-king horse!
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That dog looks like it's about 15 or 16 hands.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

best of luck! We need a picture of you and him riding in 2750!
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Probably became agressive because it was bored.. Or abused.. I think bored as there are several folks at your house 1-2 at her's... Guessing on my part..
                            being that large, I'd be upset over space and air.

"alpha male", I first heard that word with a dog that loved me, by a trainer who noticed.
                            never did decipher coyote or wolf, the mystery dad.
                            I do not talk to dogs, some dogs know it. A little bit of wolf myself I guess.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

So yeah, we were not wanting a pet. If I had a real choice and wanted one , kingdom won me over to a black standard poodle. Light on its feet, smart..... Shoot my dog isn't light on feet, especially mine. Took him for a walk one day in the subdivision. Had my plastic grocery bag . Man when he started dropping piles on the sidewalk in front of a couple houses on the other side of the block I picked up what I could but it was kinda soft. I could only get half I was so embarrassed I turned tail and went back the way I came. Trying to hurry. Got my square shovel I use as a garage dust pan , a box , 4 gal. Of plain water ,4 gal of soapy water in a couple home depot bucked and a broom to scrub with. Then the problem was getting all this back over to the scene of the crime. The obvious choice the Jimmy was gone with the wife. The trans am , the floor in back wasn't flat enough. So yeah I showed up for my version of Dirty Jobs in the $2750. In case anyone wants to know what this thing costs a month, $100 bucks of Large Dog Pedigree. I'll try to put up a pic with him next to me. But for now I need to put a power steering pump , tensioner pulley , and both hoses on the vette. Trying to get ready for the trip to Wilmington .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X