ARE YOU AS FAST AS ME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARE YOU AS FAST AS ME?

Anybody else think they gotta trigger finger and experience the ingenuous tactics by the web designer? I click on a topic and whoooosh to the last page number only to click jus as a fraction to late as the screen shifts and my lightening like reflexes activate a sponsors ad...to which I'm sure to their credit, gets a $. And to their credit, I sometimes check it out as if I meant to be there.

Oh yeah.......annoying little design trick. Have the page load, ready click, and the page shifts down to its final position and now I am being directed to an advertisers site.

I didn't realize it was due to lightning like reflexes though. Cool!
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

happens on my phone, but not on the computer, I guess adblock messes up that tactic.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

happens on my phone all the time...pisses me off....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Here I was, thinking it was my fat fingers... Yeah that ast sec shift is anoying! Wonder if it is a touch screen glitch in the program?

Comment

Quite annoying, but I found it's not just this site, I run into that problem on various news sites as well.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yep..........lots of sites seem to use that tactic. I figure it is a feature designed to encourage advertisers by increasing traffic redirects.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I figure it's a feature designed to make us all want to use adblock
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                X