X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 780 pound black bear!

http://hunting.scout.com/story/14555...wisconsin?s=77

way to go lucky hunter..
    my sister was passing around a bear that wa sin her yard not long ago, after bird seeds. On video, they recorded it bending the metal arm down, and he knew just how to get them..then let it gently go back up into shape, and he walked off. Times are changing .. the warm weather records are going to make big animals.

I am back in central maine, a lot of quiet time. For reasons I could not figure at first, I wandered outside on the harvest moon, around 1130 pm. Not sure why I stood there, reeling in 26 years ago...

yips of coyotes...as I looked in the direction before they made noise. I instantly knew how many, and that the leader was with them.
    I may get on camera today my "into the wild" version of surviving...and I do not own a weapon.
    my true story had a biologist crying... An army recruiter knowing I ate deer without telling him...it goes on and on.
    I deciphered from my military records, it was age 17 to 19 with nothing...lagrange maine. The only meat was deer. Free salmon in a can. Twigs for heat.. and water when it was not frozen.

I could have put my dad in jail I learned.. but it is over now. It hangs over him...decades later. My recruiter was another one that wept strangely... I simply spoke my truth.

Looking forward to some things I used to do...fed this time. The big bear story is a heads up for northern gurus for sure.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 27, 2014, 09:07 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

There's a black bear that winters about 500ft from my Dads front porch up in western Wisconsin, looks to be about 400lbs or so. Dad gets a glimpse of him every so often and hears aboout him from the neighbors sometimes. Been there for about 3 or 4 years now. Dad don't bother him, he don't bother dad.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
    X