Behavioral Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behavioral Analysis

Everyone on this forum comes from all walks of life, we vary in age, occupation, location, income etc. I would say that the group here is pretty well rounded, so I want to spring something on you guys.

I live about half an hour from a major beach destination, Ocean City MD. Not being a big beach person or a huge crowd person, I tend to avoid that town like I owe it money. However, the car shows they put on each year do draw me into the City. now Ive been to various car shows over the years, mostly classic and mustang shows, but this year I decided to drive in to see what the H20 show was all about. It started out as mostly an import show, mostly VWs, Audis, BMWs etc but its evolved into bring what you got. my buddy brought his corvette down and was hanging out so I decided to shoot down in the Mustang. The city was PACKED, some of the cars were amazing, I mean it was everything from your typical ricer pos honda civic to modded GT-Rs, a few Lamborghinis high end Audis, stuff you rarely see on any given sunday.

now while the cars are fantastic, and I love anything with a motor for the most part, but I cant stand the people. Ive never met some of the biggest most idiotic immature f***tards in my entire life. I mean idiots hanging out of cars, using the 4 feet of space between them and the car in front of them to drop the clutch or just light up the tires, people just making a$$es of themselves. this year, they almost had a riot at the convention center, I was sitting at a light and saw numerous patrol cars rolling deep into the center of the city to quell the riot.

I dont understand what causes people to act that way, I dont know if its a generational thing, I dont think it is, because most of the people I saw were around my age, mid 20s. Me and my buddy are both 26 and we just chilled in a parking lot checking out the rides as they drove by BSing about work. We werent going to be out tooling around on crowded streets like everyone else. The only issue we ran into was the bike cops yelled at us because we were parked in a Pay-2-park lot, ok, no harm no foul, we didnt realize it was a paid lot so we said sorry to the cops and beat feet. Both me and my buddy being cops ourselves, its not like we were going to cause an issue, thus we rolled. In fact, I didnt find out about there being the issue at the convention center until I got to the office for the night shift, but it still is mind boggling. I know most of you have been on power tour before, and I imagine that kind of shenanigans would not be tolerated in the least. I dont know if its just the Euro car culture or just general immaturity or that whole mindset of "we are in a beach city, there must be no laws here, lets mess some stuff up" I understand now why VW enthusiasts get a bad rap sometimes, probably because of these clowns.

on a related note, some of the girls I saw in town, ho-lee-cow, some of the most drop dead gorgeous women ive ever seen, who also caused my mind to melt, because Id see these 9s and 10s sitting next to some sideways hat wearing toolbag who looks like a meth-dealer in a rusty and plasti-dipped 1989 jetta with the "stance" and horribly offensive bumper-stickers. heck I think I saw one on a GTI that said "Nazi-vagon" yeah real classy.

I just dont understand it. I know every group of car enthusiasts have "that guy" the one that always acts a fool to impress, burnouts and stuff like that, but this.... Its like watching a freak show, but if this is the way the other side of car culture acts.... well then I'll just stick to the classics. Though I really really do want an old Datsun.... and a first gen beetle.

anyone else have any input? or am I just completely in left field? I did just get off a long draining night shift, so I could just be ranting and rving at this point.
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
    ... I know most of you have been on power tour before, and I imagine that kind of shenanigans would not be tolerated in the least...
    Well, you might be disappointed there. Quite often the locals is the small towns set up burnout spots and almost every town has kids with signs promoting burnouts. Typically, it isn't in tight traffic with just a few feet between the car in front but the behavior is prevalent. At night at the hotels during socialization it is very rare that a burnout contest does not break out. If it is any consolation - these activities rarely include ricers, euro iron, waste bands at the knees or sideways hats.
    Last edited by cstmwgn; September 28, 2014, 04:40 AM.

Comment

It's not just you... that crowd is generally fairly disruptive. Glad I'm a hot rodder and not a VW dork.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

OMG....first thing Sunday morning and you expect me to read all that.....sure......
        Last edited by 68scott385; September 28, 2014, 05:39 AM.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I do not usually like to generalize people by their rides...I think that there is a greater issue... our society has bred these idiots and when they mess up, there's always an excuse... having fun is cool, but, enough is enough...we've all had our burnout parties, but we've paid our dues as well... and we know what line not to cross,,, I have noticed the new trend that those who had to get into the biker crowd, now are trading off their Harleys for Modern Muscle... and while they show up, I can't give them the creds that i give the real rodders that actually participate in modifying or personalizing their rides regardless of the make or model!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yesterday was the local annual "last show" of the season put on in a large public park by the local Street Rod Club. With over a thousand cars in attendance, as claimed by the emcee, the only hooliganism I personally witnessed was on the main road in front of the park. This event has been going on for at least 25 years and everyone attending along with the neighbors know what to expect and what is too far. Not saying everyone was a saint or that they were all over-testosteroned clowns, just that generally everyone knows the rules. This is a local show open to all cars and nearly every genre of the hobby / sport was represented. I've seen young guys that acted more mature than their age and I've seen old guys act a quarter of their age, it takes all kinds of ingredients to make burgoo. Unfortunately it's the rotten ingredients that spoil the whole pot.

What concerns me more, relating to the story on the front page, is that all cars in attendance must adhere to MD-DOT regulations. That sounds a lot like a train wreck thread about Drag Week cars and their legality in the various states they travel / race / participate. I'm starting to feel confined by unrealistic regulation. If my car is legally registered in my state of residence and I don't cause problems in other jurisdictions I might pass through, I don't believe that the visited community should have the right to impose its views upon me. It sounds a lot like censorship,...or worse...
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

You asked an opinion, so here it is. I think the entire situation at Ocean City (it made the news on the west coast), is two sides jacking each other up. Cops get all jiggy with writing equipment violation tickets - despite the people being invited to their town for the show - and drama happens because the kids didn't simply say "eff it, I'm going home and never coming back."

As to your comment about the meth dealers and their hot girlfriends - you do realize that sounds incredibly judgmental? from appearances you have no clue as to what those kids are like. Frankly, if you want a hot girlfriend, go up and talk to them - and be the nicest guy in the world. Chicks dig that - later you'll hear them bragging up about how tough you are. You'll have done it right if you don't have any idea why she'd come to that conclusion. After your super-nice (sickeningly so), compliment her often, listen to every word she says, and ignore the next hot chick that walks into the room.

Once you're had a few hot chicks and the troubles they bring, you'll realize that, whether you judge guys by their clothes or women by their bodies, beauty doesn't come from clothes or hotness (they can have both of those), but a wife that has a good character is more valuable than gold.... most often, those women are not wearing bikinis draped over some punk adze kid...
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 28, 2014, 08:23 AM.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

mid 20s yourself shelty.. that is the time to notice a younger crowd.
                I was done with typical car gatherings early 20s... but my growing path was abusive, building many machines just to keep going. My version of a v8 climbed to 160mph... first attempts. Caved in that 70s crankshaft.

It gets quite funny when the shows prove to go animal and a bit childish. The real enthusiast is hanging back like you guys did.

I saw a video of a rotary beating a corvette... by the third run smoke and sparks out the mazda exhaust.

"Let it live its sprite of life, like a terrorist, it will be dead soon."
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Buick, you are right, I was being judgmental and I was wrong for that. maybe its jealousy idk, but I was wrong. Authoring this right after a night shift was probably not the smartest decision, but thats not an excuse.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                    Buick, you are right, I was being judgmental and I was wrong for that. maybe its jealousy idk, but I was wrong. Authoring this right after a night shift was probably not the smartest decision, but thats not an excuse.
                    shows an amazing amount of maturity to say that... good on you
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

All valid points and veiws, its a different world out there and as stated we still like to kick up our heels now and then but for most of us we do know where the line is ( we paid for it in the past $$$ ). As for the girls Super Buick was pretty much spot on. They hang out where they think its trendy but for most of them except the real shallow ones they will end up with someone who will be there for them and who treats them right. It sounds a little old fashion but it has worked for centuries. Oh he's also right they CAN be level headed and hot looking just not be showcasing it.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        shows an amazing amount of maturity to say that... good on you
                        Thank you sir,
                        When Ive done wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. When I wrecked my patrol car last year, my LT asked me if I had anything to say, and I said, sir, I made a mistake, I'll take whatever punishment you deem appropriate. took my lumps and moved on.

Comment

SBG, are you around six two to six five? The only way that works with women is if you're tall or look like you have money, lots of money. If I am nice, they run. Believe me, I know how to talk to them, and sickeningly nice has never worked for me, I didn't win the genetic lottery.

We used to watch the ricer kids do stupid shit in Charleston at the big lot we would meet at with our F/C/A bodies, then point and laugh when the cops would bust them. It depends on where you are as to what you can get away with. Some places a big smoky gets a thumbs up from the cops, most places it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                          X