• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can ur c-130 do this?

hahahaha.

a kc135 can do all of these things.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Mine can't do a barrel roll, but my Boeing 707 can. Pppffffffttttttt!!!!!

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Cool as hell - looks like fun.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Mine can't do a barrel roll, but my Boeing 707 can. Pppffffffttttttt!!!!!

http://youtu.be/-KNbKFMBsQE
        the kc135 is a stumped 707. It was so brick and unplanned, they were still reskinning the underside of the wings to stronger, stress testing in the 90s. The plane i was assigned to was 1000 hours beyond the wing fail of 13000 (that is very low - in fact, startling). Still made the trip to the junk pile.

..and the c130, it is so obviously successful, airbus made one that looked like it. I like the airbus, as the c130 fishbowl, too many laser windows are a bit much. Been inside one much more than once. Right up into the cockpit, sat down looked around. They have been around so long, so many flight hours.. the pilots and crew let any air force member just browse around. Nothing secret. its that pro easy going feeling like with an old vw beetle. Nobody gives it shit.

That was a plane, if I am not mistaken, to be the last one taken from crew chiefs for flight testing after repairs. They are that easy going.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 28, 2014, 07:21 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

KC135 can't do that loaded, but a C17 can, well not max ACL, but carrying a surprising amount of cargo.

Comment

I've been in a C-130 a few times. I never landed in one though.

Comment

Working...
            X