Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was one car that would absolutely turn your stomach to get beat by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there was one car that would absolutely turn your stomach to get beat by...

What would it be?

For me I'm thinking 86 to 95 Taurus or sable wagon, to me they were the ugliest car known to mankind and represented a culture I wanted nothing to do with.

getting beat by a "stanced" Honda of any modle would make me physically ill...Beat by a "stanced" anything really....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I had this 210 k mile g body, smoked off throttle, pcv over run.. was time to rebuild along time before that. kept running anyway.
      I had a habit of 85-95mph for 20 years out here, and got passed by an 80s saab turbo one day. Could here the spool going by.

As it turned out, anger was silly, it was the future, before twisted sideways...mid 1990s I could only guess in memory. Cars at 10 years old looked like diarrhea at all times, drivetrain was the importance. I was damn lucky to see one as an every day driver, setting its pace. Owner going to work in the morning I presume, like the rest of us.

even my g body t-top ended up a classic to somebody.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 2, 2014, 12:42 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A Volvo 240DL
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Any Import with a Fart Can, at that point I'd have to sell my car for scrap!
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

But Casper...... Click image for larger version

Name:	stanley2.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	972702
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

There always has to be a but doesn't there.....

I'd use it for parts.

Comment

A PT Cruiser. If it happens I will send in my man card

Comment

ask and you shall receive.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Late 90s Buick or Oldsmobile. Or, anything with more than 15 degrees negative camber on the drive wheels.
                    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Heads up? Anything with a four or six that is stock or very near to it. Getting beat by almost anything stock in my blue car would be upsetting.

In a bracket race, hell I didn't mind losing to a 22 second Duster because he cut a .004 better light and beat me by that much. I ran right on my dial so I was thrilled about that, but sad about the RT.

Comment

Anything called a "K-Car". Also an AMC Pacer!
                        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

crappy video, but the brown turd here is a Dodge Rampage - still FWD, 10.8 second quarter...

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Since the Big Red B!tch is a complete slug when it comes to acceleration, I'd be more surprised if I actually beat something in a race!
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Proof that ANYTHING can be Hot Rodded: Click image for larger version

Name:	15838d1125614035-dodge-aries-dsc01128sm.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	972808
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X