Big car collection for sale in Dearborn Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big car collection for sale in Dearborn Saturday

Saw this today, something like 127 cars being sold. Saw a bunch of Caddy's, some Tri-5 Chevy's, other 50's GM cars, a 1908 Sears, and apparently a whole lot more.

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Thinking about going, mainly just to see it.

the sears story is very interesting...

"like a clock" has been said about every wobbling weirdo with four wheels getting a tune... I proclaim it is from the balanced boxer by sears. (He started off as a watch repair man)

2cyls and 2 tons. Try that today with your honda motorcycle.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Doug, Please go, take a bunch of pictures - and post them here.

It's confusing as to which vehicles are already sold, which will be sold, and how - is the Saturday "openhouse" a pre - auction type of deal?

You should ask what they're going to do with the building? If you moved there - you'd have plenty of room for your collection - and could rent storage to all your friends!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Here's the pictures. Lots of 50's Oldsmobiles, some Cadillacs, couple of Rolls Royces, Imperials, Continentals, not much in the way of muscle cars. Loved the building they had the project cars in, but I'm about a million $ shy of the asking price. That old guy was living the car guy dream all right.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Thanks for the pics! I could live with pretty much any of those. So - what did you buy?

Dan

Comment

Didn't bid on anything. I was pretty tempted by a silver '57 Olds 98, but decided to pass. They were accepting offers, but had appraised values posted on the cars, and they seemed high. There was basically no information available on the cars, and you couldn't open the hoods or doors to really see what you were getting. I've got my hands (and garage space) completely full with the cars I've already got. Always have to follow up a lead though, never know what you're going to find.

Comment

Too much stuff there I like. Some of those Caddys are sweet and I really like those big Benz sedans from the 70's.

Comment

You guys aren't going to believe this but I think I used to own that Galaxie. I sold it to a crack dealer in Detroit which is a story in itself you most likely wouldn't believe.

Comment

Found a picture. I bought the car fresh off the truck from California, they didn't even have it off the trailer yet.

Comment

I liked the 33-4 Mopar. Everything else is too new except the sears. It's too old. I thought Robuck was the watch repair guy, Sears brought him in so he would have a repair guy on sight. Buy what do I know.

Comment

Working...
                    X