SEMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMA

Who can I expect to meet there? Who wants spy pics? If I don't get to meet Freiburger, Finnegan, Chad, and that guy with the new TV show, I will be miffed. You bastards better be around!

Go to Hot Rod Alley. They should be thara. If they'er not you see a lot of bitching cars.

Comment

I wanna see pics! Of cars and gals..

Comment

Chad and what's his face are doing a live broadcast. Shouldn't be hard to find them.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

When I went I was not able to meet Chad or Brian. But I did get to hang out with Randal for the better part of the day and we talked with Stacy David and Linda Vaghn, saw a shit load of cool cars and otherwise had a great time...wear your walking shoes, bring some cash and try to take it all in....it's a great time for a gear head.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Good thing it's more than one day, I still can't walk very far everyday. Yeah, that what's his face guy is easy to spot.

Comment

Most hotels have shuttles starting early. If your hotel is on the tram route, you can ride it right up to the front door.

Find the BluePrint Engines booth and annoy my coworkers. HRM and the other mags have a big booth with a VIP area. They will working their asses off finding stuff to cover and sucking up to advertisers. Don't expect to spend much time with them. Brian and Chad are also running around like crazed maniacs for the similar reasons.

I hung out with Bryan and Haley one day. Can't remember who else.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I just want to meet them, not take up a ton of their time. They're working, I'm not. I'll bust on the Kearney guys and tell em you put me up to it. They will probably be surprised to see a Husker hat. Since my in works on parts for Overhaulin' I'm betting I will get to meet Foose. Looking forward to that too.

Comment

Hope you have a ball! I'd like to meet Chip - he seems like a great guy and I suspect it's not just the TV Chip.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    I hung out with Bryan and Haley one day. Can't remember who else.
                    You and Randal kept running off to check out the eye candy...and weren't you at the big dinner with John and Milkovich? I'm pretty sure you were.

Don't even try to take it in all in one day, you'll have to be carried back to your room. Do some homework and pick out when/where you want to visit. And don't forget to check out what's going on in front of the Convention Center, usually something cool going on.
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Most of us will be really busy, but we all look forward to meeting people we have talked with on line. I know Freiburger, and most all of the magazine people have a list of press events they need to attend. They are scheduled at minimum every 30 minutes, and can be anywhere in the facility. I am still working my schedule, but last year I had meetings scheduled every 15 minutes from 9am till 5 pm Tuesday through Thursday. Even with busy schedules, meeting new people is one of my favorite things to do. Chad and Brian will be in the Aeromotive booth quite a bit. That is where they are doing the live feed from. I will even be there with them at some point. If you are interested in pro touring cars, and the drivers in the OPTIMA series, be at the OPTIMA booth on Thursday at 1:30. That is when they have their press conference. All of us will be there. Chip Foose is a regular car guy, and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He will be pretty busy building a car during SEMA, but I know he will still take time to meet his fans.. Many of the industry insiders will be in the "Hooker Bar" in the LVH hotel every night after the show. You can meet a lot of them there.
                      If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

SEMA is HUGE, not huge but THERES NO F'N WAY I CAN SEE THIS ALL IN 4 DAYS HUGE, this is the biggest event of the year for those guys in the industry to network with others, i would suggest take it all in and if you bump into them, that would make the week that much better
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

You and Randal kept running off to check out the eye candy...and weren't you at the big dinner with John and Milkovich? I'm pretty sure you were.

Don't even try to take it in all in one day, you'll have to be carried back to your room. Do some homework and pick out when/where you want to visit. And don't forget to check out what's going on in front of the Convention Center, usually something cool going on.
                          Yep. I wanted to do the big Vegas style buffet one night. Randal and I hung out at Chad's and Brian's hotel room one night, had pizza, nearly died of asyphixiation due to a fart contest. PIcked up John from the airport despite my transmission sounded like it was filled with rocks.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

Prioritizing is not only recommended, it is necessary. Trying to spend time at every booth is impossible. But, there are ones you can go right by if it is stuff you are not interested in. If you aren't into the blingy donk wheels, it is easy to skip a lot of vendors. I ignored the wheels and checked out the cars they had if I liked them. 28" wheels on a Rolls Phantom didn't hold my attention at all. So, I took pics of their booth girls. I am not into off road stuff very much, so I just skimmed through the lift kits and winchs and the like. There were a ton of really cool trucks though, so I looked at them.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X