Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the biggest bone yard of all

A place to wonder.

As time goes by, and the model is no longer flying...witnessing the bent afterburner flames of an f4 or voodoo, 111, an old air force one compression stalling...
    or to be a crew chief of one of those less than stellar compilations with airframes tortured for 50 years. Or be able to walk up to a freshly pedestal'd sr71, still wet from the stretch.

not much to be sad about.. just to wonder how tough and smart came together...reels in future to me.
    A lot like hot rodding. malleable, teslanian nerdy, tough and smart...or die.

I would love to get a visit. The contrast of maine to a southwestern desert... 1491 must be done for good by now. I wa snot sure it went to the southwest, it must have I guess.

there is a chance to leave a comment for tourists to read about a given plane. I left this:

Lucky plane. Tough location

I am just a period inbetween.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 26, 2014, 07:58 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Contact Joe, he might know, or know how to find out.. I think he tried to transfer there at one time..

Comment

I drive past it all the time and live 3 blocks from it.... There are tours available thru Pima Air and Space Museum. There is no chance of getting the type of tour that would allow you to get out and walk around. There is enough of it visible from the main roads to keep an aircraft buff busy for a few hours...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Hey Joe, there is another big bone yard off I-10 north of Tucson. Is that for commercial aircraft or is the AF involved with that as well?

Comment

You are correct, that is Pinal Air Park. It is a large commercial aircraft regeneration and salvage operation.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
          X