Here's Something Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Something Different

All ears are up for the ECTA July event in Ohio, the half-mile affair. Red and I will be there. Whatever it is, yeah hell yeah.

A guy at work today asked me if I'd ever heard of this gig. No, I hadn't. This is....this could be big fun, too. And real close to Weeville on the map.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

After running a mile at 139.9......I'm wondering what the big attraction is in the half mile. What do you think you'd hit 115 or 120 ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
      After running a mile at 139.9......I'm wondering what the big attraction is in the half mile. What do you think you'd hit 115 or 120 ?
      Maybe 120 would be my guess going in. Around that.

That Red run in 2012 at 139.9, that put me and Red in a box. And that was before I ever got a tuner for Red. I don't know how much faster he could go in a mile now, but it might be some over 140. Remember what that tuner did to Bluebelle the Fusion? Not a fair comparison, not 20 mph more (by turning off Bluebelle's speed limiter).

The half-mile is another chance to mash the gas and hold it down. No roll cage and a fire suit, another chance to mash the gas. And fully enjoy the car. Albeit a shorter time/distance on the run. BUT: No cops chasing behind and no trees to hit beside the road. All fun and games. Just more fun. That's where my head's at right now.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I've been eyeballing the local airstrip not far from here, wondering what it would take to set something up there...

Go have some fun Peedub! Racing is racing, do it whenever you can!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
        X