I Can't Watch TV for a Week or So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Watch TV for a Week or So

I get home from work today. Catch up on the local news....so I won't be so ignorant around the proverbial water cooler at work tomorrow. Gotta get the slanted not-accurate news so at least I know "something" happened.

4 minutes of local news and then a commercial break.

Let's say "Sally" and "Billy" are running against each other for public office, at some inordinate level, wannabes, both of them. But they're both after the lifetime pension I guess. First commercial news break, Sally says Billy has lied about this and that, stolen money from wherever, and he can't be trusted.

5 more minutes of spun-up news and another commercial break. Billy's got his own 30 seconds, saying Sally has been married 6 times and if she can't even manage her personal affairs, how can she be qualified to manage public affairs?

Where I'm going with this is THIS: If I'm at work in the real workplace, I mean at work - on the job - and there's somebody I can't seem to get along with....if I bought a TV commercial saying "Bobby is a career liar and can't get a danged thing done because he doesn't even know how"....as much as that might feel good, and it might even be true...do you think I would have a job in the morning? Hell no. Fired and sent down the road.

But that's the nature of elections. It's freaking hilarious.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Negative ads are used for one very simple reason. They work.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

This year we can only hope the intelligent voters win. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the lesser of two evils. The incumbent needs to go but the competition would be even worse.

Hope I didn't cross any lines, and if I did it wouldn't be the first time either here or irl. Unfortunately I've only met three and was on my best behavior at the time.

At my household we already have a countdown schedule for the crap ads to end. T minus 6 and counting.
      Last edited by 68scott385; October 29, 2014, 05:34 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
        This year we can only hope the intelligent voters win.
        Nah, the politicians win. Every time. Every single last time. One of them, at least, in every election.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Nah, the politicians win. Every time. Every single last time. One of them, at least, in every election.
          This is true but you almost have to agree that most of the people either lose or get royally screwed. I'm hoping to just lose and avoid the royal screwing.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

This is true but you almost have to agree that most of the people either lose or get royally screwed. I'm hoping to just lose and avoid the royal screwing.
            Optimism is the ultimate virtue.

Comment

maine has those too
              "elections"
              I might read an article once and awhile, see whats going on.

the guy faking gay from the big scary north..he even rewrote some things on a national level at the V.A.

the fat one, he's got to break the affair with his cousin. That is terrible.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
              X