Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Quick Will Larry And Chad Go At SCSN X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Quick Will Larry And Chad Go At SCSN X?

This question is driving me nuts. I know Larry says 5.90s and Chad says 5.80s. The problem is on Drag Week the truck, "Evil Little Bastard", showed some alarming behavior characteristics. During the week they claimed to be doing half track hits and test passes, but the truck managed to go high 6s in spite of their "conservatism". Then on Saturday when they turned the screws up to "6.30" the truck said "Phooey" and slammed the driveshaft speed up against the limiter by 1000 ft. The run was a tenth and a half to two tenths quicker than they ordered the truck to run. Truly the thing is possessed by some kind of evil go-fast spirit. If Larry tells it 5.90 and Chad tells it 5.80 what is possible?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Low 1's.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Low 1's.

Dan
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 30, 2014, 05:52 AM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Low 1's.

Dan

Dan is kill'in it

If air and traction are good, why not 5.80's.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ludicrous speed...or maybe he'll go plaid....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ah, but Joe, do they have a Cuisinart?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Dan is kill'in it

If air and traction are good, why not 5.80's.
              I'll have to admit that, while as far as I know I made that up, it was actually many years ago and for a different situation. But it sure seemed to apply to this deal, too.

Good luck Larry & Chad!

Dan

Comment

To bring out the pure evilness I'd probably take the truck over to Counts Kustoms and have it blessed by Mr. Koker, a legit minister of pain.

Comment

Fast enough to break the time space continuim.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

There's a 5.85 @ 248-250 in there IMO.

Chad's version of the data is entertaining, but he's basically right. Proline sent us a driveshaft log of a similar weight, similar tire size car (but different gear ratio) and I made an Excel spreadsheet to convert that for larry's 3.81 rear gear. So it might be a few percent off. It was a 6.20 pass, and there were two places on that 6.16 pass where it was pulling timing during the pass. This is how power is managed on cars with way too much.

The full compliment of Proline tuners will be onsite - Petty, Miller - I'm good at getting cars up, running, making passes, but these guys are ridiculously good at knocking .15 or more off whatever I could do, plus Larry is a great tuner himself. This should be fun to watch so long as nothing surprises us.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I will flatly state (as long as lightning strikes) that he will pass 88 mph thus generating the 1.21 gigawatts of power required to..........

Warp factor 12
                      There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Have I mentioned that you rule Mike?
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When I placed my order today at taco bell the receipt said it was 5:41, When I got home the TV was talking about the year 1941, When I threw the tacos back up it was 10:41

Comment

All we can do is be there and watch. With all the great minds collaborating on "The Tune", I think it will go quicker than Scott's prediction. Don't forget how great a driver Larry is.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              Ludicrous speed...or maybe he'll go plaid....

I firmly believe they will go to plaid. And pass a Winnebago on the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X