No announcement yet.

11,000 tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I pay $1.85 a tire for passenger tires, plus 18% fuel surcharge per tire. so I pass $2.00 per tire on to my customer.
    Charles

Comment

When I got the speed-rated tires for Red to run The Mile, I took the whole set of old tires home with me. Holding on to them to do burnouts but we still can't find any cheap rims to mount them on, that's ongoing.

And it was weeks later going through some paperwork I saw that they charged a disposal fee for the tires I took home with me. Didn't look at the papers that day. Whatever. It must be a default. Automatic. Tire disposal fee.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

124.00 apiece from Discount - kind of unlikely you're going to find 18's used for cheap.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          124.00 apiece from Discount - kind of unlikely you're going to find 18's used for cheap.
          Yeah, that's exactly what we're finding out. Nobody cares that all we want to do is a burnout, that doesn't matter to all the folks who have 18's.

I'm stuck in a box - I want to burn THESE tires up, they're sitting right here. But they're 18's. By 8.5. Those rims are pricey. I don't want to spend the money, not just for a burnout. By now I've thrown more money away on car stuff than Dorothy ever spent on Toto, but I'm not going in deep on rims just to do a burnout on dud tires.

It might be cheaper to get a couple of 17's with tires already on em. But then I haven't burned up these tires I want to burn up. I'm complicating the issue all by myself. I'm causing it. and Unit's talked to nearly everybody in the United States. No, no cheap ass 18 inch rims are available. It ain't gonna happen that way.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            When I got the speed-rated tires for Red to run The Mile, I took the whole set of old tires home with me. Holding on to them to do burnouts but we still can't find any cheap rims to mount them on, that's ongoing.

And it was weeks later going through some paperwork I saw that they charged a disposal fee for the tires I took home with me. Didn't look at the papers that day. Whatever. It must be a default. Automatic. Tire disposal fee.

They would probably still charge you the disposal fee even if you did tell them.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              They would probably still charge you the disposal fee even if you did tell them.
              That is a fact.. Some law, not sure if it is state or federal... But I was told they had to by law..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                That is a fact.. Some law, not sure if it is state or federal... But I was told they had to by law..

Yeah. Right. It's like a hotel charging for parking when you don't have a car. It's a fake fee in order to cover other expenses.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

there are states that do have a mandatory tire disposal fee, Colorado is one.

lots of shops have Tire Disposal fee as a default line item on the invoice, as well as "Shop Supplies" <--- this is the fee that would upset me... but what do I know, i just run a tire shop
                  Charles

Comment

25 years ago i used to get rid of tires for tire shops. i had to sign a paper every time for the EPA. i had a guy with a junkyard that would take them all and sign a paper for them. he was building a wall around his property as a few others stated. he was drilling holes in them and tying them together with wire.

seems i've heard of tires getting dumped in the gulf to make artificial reefs or something?

personally, i dont mind paying a disposal fee for tires.

Comment

Twenty minutes ago I got a "Code Red Alert" phone call from the county authorities. The is a large tire fire about 1/2 mile away from my house. We are advised to shelter in place etc. I wondered why there was a helicopter circling, now I know why. Luckily the wind is blowing the smoke away from my house. Yes, I use my own judgment when it comes to following suggestions from authority.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

http://www.wlky.com/news/fire-breaks...ghway/29500060

This IS the tire recycling facility. LOVELY...

One fire truck on site, trouble getting water...
                        20% chance of rain tomorrow
                        80% chance of rain Wednesday
                        Last edited by 68scott385; November 3, 2014, 10:19 AM.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Discount claims to only charge the fee if the tires are left there. Judging from this, 3.00 a piece, while appearing to be a ripoff, is trivial.

A scrap tire is one that can no longer be used for its original intended purpose. Find out if your used or scrap tire activity is regulated, if you need to register, and how to dispose of tires or report illegal dumping. Regulated activities include scrap tire transportation, storage, processing, recycling, energy recovery from tires, and land reclamation using tires.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                            http://www.wlky.com/news/fire-breaks...ghway/29500060

This IS the tire recycling facility. LOVELY...

One fire truck on site, trouble getting water...
                            20% chance of rain tomorrow
                            80% chance of rain Wednesday
                            wow. that one ought to be stubborn.

I recently took up tobacco pipe, and constantly dumping into an ash tray.. once and awhile smoke starts billowing from the black pile..and it does not stop without the kitchen faucet...

tire are like the stew beef I am eating right now.

if a process made something, a process takes it down just as peacefully. It is a matter of science.

crazy as a counterbalanced crank for a lot of what we do...
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

68Scott... That fire's gonna be a bitch to put out! Burning from bottom up... When I worked at the scrap uard, plastic and tires were bitches to put out.. We usually scooped dirt and rock over them before the fire dept got called.. We could burn pallets for warming fires but nothing else.. The whole gravelled area was full of broken plastic..

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                                well, I pay $1.85 a tire for passenger tires, plus 18% fuel surcharge per tire. so I pass $2.00 per tire on to my customer.

then it sounds like the right way to save your customers money is dump your tires on someone's property (up to 11,000) then pay the cleanup costs of 7,000 to 8,000. Best of all, you make work for government workers... call it government worker welfare
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X