Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEMA 2014 - My favorite wild thing and a highly modified Mustang II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMA 2014 - My favorite wild thing and a highly modified Mustang II?

The International is a pretty wild truck and according to the lead builder was done in about 45 days. I overheard one of the builders saying the side drive in the back is chain drive. I couldn't get all the pix I wanted of this or the Mustang II because of the crowds but you get the general idea. I'm sure more pix will come out of each.
    Attached Files
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Attached Files
    Rich

Comment

I've seen pics of that Mustang II floating around and it looks badass! That funky truck is on a whole different level though.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I just found some more of that Mustang II, guess it's been around awhile. Brett Behrens 1978 Mustang called Evolution, built by A-Team Racing. It has a Triton V10 and 6 speed transaxle.
        Rich

Comment

Looks really good out in the sun.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

This is near and dear to my heart.. Love those cabs!

Comment

Mustang looks great!!.Roofline where quite good for a 74,as it looks great even today.
              Last edited by Blazerteam; November 8, 2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

http://www.stangtv.com/videos/car-fe...te-mustang-ii/

Brett's "Mustang Evolution" was designed and illustrated by Grip Equipped's Ben Hermance (hermancedesign.com) and built by Oregon's A-Team Racing. This 1978 Ford Mustang II features a full tube chassis and dramatic custom wide body. It is powered by a Triton V-10 mated to a Corvette Z06 six-speed transaxle. It also sits on Corvette Z06 suspension & brakes and Grip Equipped Laguna wheels finished in Satin Black. See more at: http://www.forgeline.com/customer_gallery_view.php?cvk=1146
                Last edited by Blazerteam; November 8, 2014, 06:32 AM.

Comment

That mustang II is bad ass. I was also in that display. The mustang II sounds really strange. He said he had to make it quiet because they sound really stupid otherwise with the Ford V10. The intake is completely custom. It was an awesome car and the guy that owns it was super cool. I will see if I can find some of this pics I took of it.

Comment

Here ya go, Aaron...

Comment

Early article about it

Brett Behrens' V10 powered 1978 Mustang II is a mind bending take on this much maligned classic Mustang body style. Take a walk around the car with Scottie D at the Detroit Autorama in this video.

Comment

How long did it take to get all the tire rubber off your car? I couldn't believe how much of that rubber dust got over on the cars.
                        Rich

Comment

Was the wheel base on the mii increased?
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

It's ironic that the most "hated" cars by the media (read Hot Rod Magazine), are some of the best looking cars out there today... I liked the M2 when they came out - my cousin had a Cobra, and heaven love those louvers and fake brake ducts.. anemic rattletrap? yep, but we have the technology to rebuild them - better than ever and with American parts
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                              How long did it take to get all the tire rubber off your car? I couldn't believe how much of that rubber dust got over on the cars.
                              Actually not long it was just dust on my car. Alot of the original cars left after the first day because of the tire dust. It didn't really bother me to much I went out there with a microfiber every day and dusted it off and well it looked like that again in the evening.

I was quite happy everyday to look and have windows in the car still. Supposedly there were some rocks out there that they were throwing. I didn't ever see any on mine though.

Comment

Working...
                              X