Winter is here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is here.

Snow today and tomorrow, lows in the mid teens all week and highs right around 30.

So much for being somewhere warm before it snows.
    I'm probably wrong

Mid teens for lows and mid 20's highs... Never used to be thataway! Global warming..my ass!

Comment

At least I'm not living in the shop this winter. That sucked. Lost track of how many times I got iced inside it.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

41 and sunny right now heading for 61 and partly cloudy . What luck, I took a vacation day today.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
          Snow today and tomorrow, lows in the mid teens all week and highs right around 30.

So much for being somewhere warm before it snows.
          The good local weatherman says as a general rule, what Des Moines has today, we get tomorrow. Glad to hear you're in better surroundings this winter, but you can keep my share of the white crap.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

It'll be in the 70's for most of the week but cooling to highs in the 50's for the weekend. Winter sucks but at least I have heat in the shop (oh, and the house, too).

Dan

Comment

I'm seriously considering putting the Christmas lights up early so I don't slide off the roof... it may snow here on Thursday (which is weird, most snow happens Feb-ish), but it's the temps they think will happen over the next several weeks that have me a bit concerned...
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Aaron, mom has some "invisable hooks" on her house and puts her lights up herself with a pole that extends.. She is 83.. My son and I put the hooks up for her then she adds and removes lights at her pace.. I hate ladders and she may fall..

Comment

I get to enjoy wind rather than neck deep snow this year. It's just the other season to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Aaron, mom has some "invisable hooks" on her house and puts her lights up herself with a pole that extends.. She is 83.. My son and I put the hooks up for her then she adds and removes lights at her pace.. I hate ladders and she may fall..

I figure if I die putting up Christmas lights, no matter how bad I've been, I'm going to heaven.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yeah, Gezz it's clear down to mid-70s some nights. Going to have to go buy a pair of socks. Maybe two if it's a long winter.

Comment

Attached Files
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Yesterday was in the mid 60's. I was working on the cars in a T shirt. This morning at 05:30, it was 45*. By 3 pm, it was 27* with the wind chill knocking that down to 11*.

Good news!! It's supposed to be back in the 50's Sunday after next. 13 days from now.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I had to scrape ice off of Bubba the Truck's windshield dark and early this morning. Mid 30's in the dark, but conditions were such that frost had formed. I wasn't ready for that. Walt Disney movie ice - look how easily that comes off! (Musical soundtrack and bluebirds flying around and stuff). And the rest of it went away as soon as I started driving at all.

But scraping ice broke my mood to squirt water and splash it all around and stuff, I took Bubba to the $3 mechanical car wash after work, he was a frightful dirty mess, road mess and paper mill mess. Hadn't washed him is some weeks. Those swinging bashing twirly things and the swaying back and forth strip rags knocked Bubba's side mirrors silly, and he looked about 53% better after all of that. Hadn't heard such a racket as when I backed the company Explorer into that dumpster and broke the tail light lens.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X