Mostest coolest Craigslist find EVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casper View Post
    Yeah, she's just trying to hose me down again. That ladder'll reach places shes never even dreamed of.
    go be inappropriate somewhere else - this disrespectful shit is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Beagle; November 14, 2014, 04:15 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

go be inappropriate somewhere else - this disrespectful shit is not welcome here.
      You called it Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
        You called it Captain.
        Yes ... yes, he did !

Comment

Thank you Steve.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Thank you Steve.
            Did someone say Happy Thanksgiving?
            Last edited by 68scott385; November 14, 2014, 07:07 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Back to the thread.........I don't think I'd want too much speed with a single wheel up front. Seems to work well on motorcycles, but their center of gravity is lower...........still has possibilities, though!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                Back to the thread.........I don't think I'd want too much speed with a single wheel up front. Seems to work well on motorcycles, but their center of gravity is lower...........still has possibilities, though!
                While looking at the photo of the one with the two wheels up front, I was about to say that 2-up-front one has got to be safer (from rollover) but then I thought my way out of it. If you turn sharp and move the CG into a spot where there's air (and no wheel) it still gonna roll. Isn't it?
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A couple remarks about the tiller-control single front wheel on the little car vs. what a motorcycle has, and speed... These little car front wheels actually have a substantial reverse caster, the steering pivot point at the ground is well behind the tire contact patch. Think about that for a moment; yep, let go of that tiller, it will whip around and you are in the ditch in an instant. You have to have a solid hand on that steering at all times to keep control; you cannot have an arm around your passenger, maintain the vehicle on a safe stable path and drink a beer at the same time unless you have three hands or the passenger shares some duties. Why in the hell they would design in such a thing is answered the first time you go to back down a driveway and start getting your speed up. These three-wheel carts are amazingly unstable in reverse as it happens, much worse than going forward. Just a little bit of a turn, the front wants to come around in a way that would surprise you and you are at serious risk of tipping over. If you have your attention and body position focused to what's behind you that you may run into (as is normal when backing up a car), there's not really enough of you left to keep a proper hand on the steering tiller. How to address, design-wise? They use the (normally) stability-enhancing effect of caster to help save you ass in reverse when most lawsuit-maker accidents would happen, and then it's up to you to just keep a strong hand to counter it in forward when in fact that's relatively easy to do. Most people sense how much effort they need to put into controlling a car in either forward or reverse and adjust as necessary but that big surprise w/ the three-wheel car in reverse would have been unpredictable to anyone not ready for it. I can honestly say, the first time I got going too fast backwards in the little red car, I would have eaten-it into the wall at-least if it weren't for the maker putting the front steering caster in funky.

Naturally this makes for a car that shouldn't be going much faster than 20mph or so, in any direction. Faster than that (and installing power to do so) is daredevil territory.

Motorcycles have normal caster...you can ride along in the freeway with your hands in your lap if you didn't need one for throttle control. But try backing up at any speed higher than what your feet shuffle at, and in a flash you'll have a bike to pick up. Such a deal won't fly with tiny 3-wheel "shoppers" that regular people may have bought and needed to back out their garages under power now and then.

Comment

Thanks Loren, that's good info. I used to preach to my flight students that in the long run, gravity wins. Every time. But once in awhile centrifugal force gets in some pretty good licks.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

If it were a four wheeled version, I bet a gas engine would be fun. I have flipped a three wheeled golf cart before. Not fun.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Find a small straight axle, gasserize it with a 'Busa motor and blow folk's minds!

Comment

Maybe it's like Six Flags vs. Carnival rides. At Six Flags, there's a remote chance you could die on one of the thrill rides. At a traveling carnival, those chances start getting real. Electric carts have a lot of weight pretty low in them to keep them a little more stable. I think in the old days they didn't have enough battery to really get moving, now they *usually* have enough controller to keep them from really getting moving. My EZGO has a 244cc two stroke ungoverned and is pretty unstable at speed. 20 mph feels like my hair is about to catch on fire. One of the guys at the lake has a 24 hp briggs on his cart, it's flat dangerous. 30 mph on a Trail 70 feels like you're putting along. 30 mph on a suspensionless mini-bike and it's warp speed!

death rides have a curious attraction to them.

still thinking about this, ever notice that vehicle conversations never last long when you say "My Camry has a really mild 2-3 upshift" but mention that "I swapped the pullies on my garden tractor and man is that thing hairy!" and you'll find the gearhead in the crowd most every time?

"My Yamaha cart has a 13.5 mph governer" yawn
                          "My three wheel little car tried to kill me backing up in the garage" Do Tell More
                          "I'm putting a Sportster engine in my Cushman" REALLY?
                          "I put a turbo 'busa motor in my Club Car and it spins through the 1/8th mile and traps at 97 mph" Oh yea? I had a 1968 RoadRunner and I could tape a 100.00 bill to the dashboard and ... 30 minutes later, everyone had something so fast it melted the cheese on the moon. Everyone seems to want to get into a situation where they can cheat death, why is that?

I want solar panels and a wind generator for my next electric cart... but it's gonna be harder to get any cheaper than just plugging it in at my neighbors house. HA! Yawn (at me for being mild).

Last edited by Beagle; November 16, 2014, 06:23 AM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Bob thinks like me. Gasserize it.

i should never have come in this thread, now I want a firetruck.

Comment

Working...
                            X