X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tedly
    replied
    Lmao! At least my last name isn't Bates!

I'll do what I can, but always remember my sig line.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    tedly has volunteered to be the forum picture posting guru ... if you're having problems, post up here, and the Master will help.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Originally posted by Malibuplotter View Post
    How to rotate?

Not sure what you're asking, do you want to know how to rotate a picture you're posting?

Leave a comment:

• Malibuplotter
    replied
    How to rotate?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Malibuplotter; November 26, 2014, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
    So post a picture and prove you got it figured out and you get to drink beer with these girls!
    Gyaddamighty....that would have sure been fun about 40 years ago. Where was I when all of THAT was going on? Somewhere else for sure.

Photos aside, I've found that when I want to do a smiley it puts it where it wants to, usually at the start of the text, no mater where the cursor is positioned. So in the edit mode I have to do a cut and paste and then it puts a couple ~~'s at the start of it. There's some bugs, but like at work, you learn to work around it.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Originally posted by sueunit View Post
    Hey Ted,

Thanks for the posting pictures instructions. Very informative while being an amusing read.
    I was lured into the camera icon trap, and couldn't fix it. Then LO and BEHOLD
    I saw your thread.
    Now I have the same pic posted twice, but one is actually visible.

Thanks,buddy!

No problem Sue, glad I could help.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    I type in [img][/img]

and then I right click on the picture, select properties and copy its URL

Then I paste it between the brackets like such ---------> [img] insert image URL here [/img]

and 9 times out of 10....*poof* there is a picture....

I'll try this with a few pictures and see if the same formatting issue pops up. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sueunit
    replied
    Hey Ted,

Thanks for the posting pictures instructions. Very informative while being an amusing read.
    I was lured into the camera icon trap, and couldn't fix it. Then LO and BEHOLD
    I saw your thread.
    Now I have the same pic posted twice, but one is actually visible.

Thanks,buddy!

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

I think most of us are dealing with it that way. I know I am.

THIS. So much this. It's irritating as hell but it's just reflex now. Hit reply, immediately hit edit, go back and space everything out. Only takes a few seconds, but it shouldn't be necessary. No worse than learning the quirks of an old car I guess, you get used to it and it becomes routine.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Cool, got some stuff to take care of right now but I'll be back in a bit. Post away! I've actually never used that way of posting videos, didn't know it existed. I'll try it later, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    That's how I do it Tedly. I also have to edit EVERY post with pictures and text to get the format right. It's clunky but I've gotten used to it.
    I think most of us are dealing with it that way. I know I am.

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    I type in [img][/img]

and then I right click on the picture, select properties and copy its URL

Then I paste it between the brackets like such ---------> [img] insert image URL here [/img]

and 9 times out of 10....*poof* there is a picture....

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    That's how I do it Tedly. I also have to edit EVERY post with pictures and text to get the format right. It's clunky but I've gotten used to it.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Nice job, Tedly. I've been posting these same instructions from time to time in response to specific inquiries and it's a good idea to have them all in one place. Can someone sticky-fy this?

I use the time while the 'puter is "WORKING" (transferring the pic from your computer to BS) to type in any comments about the pic that's being transferred. HIT RETURN so the pic is placed the line below the comments then hit "insert image". Your pics will be properly annotated.

Let me add - after one posts you'll find that your carefully devised format has gone missing. Things like paragraph breaks, etc. Once you post you can go to EDIT at the bottom of your post and fix the format stuff. When you repost (I think the button is "SAVE") all will be Paradise!

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; November 26, 2014, 07:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ratpatrol66
    replied
    So post a picture and prove you got it figured out and you get to drink beer with these girls!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ratpatrol66; November 26, 2014, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X