Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you listening too....

Originally posted by Monk
    Since you asked.........I'm ripping some vinyl to cd.......Beach Boys, Grass Roots and some Motown
    Not to Hijack the thread but what are you using to rip your vinyl? I am in the market for a USB t-table.

I am listening to Humble Pie.....

Comment

internet radio, Slacker.com, Classic Rock of course, if not this usually country video's on Yahoo.

Comment

in the garage, Montrose and the Smithereens
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Bowie - Diamond Dogs
          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by 71SC/360
            Since you asked.........I'm ripping some vinyl to cd.......Beach Boys, Grass Roots and some Motown
            Not to Hijack the thread but what are you using to rip your vinyl? I am in the market for a USB t-table.

Got me a Numark turntable with USB cable.......the Audacity software it came with was shit......I opted for RIPvinyl and load it into Itunes for burning. Theres a software call coverXP I use to print the labels for the jewel cases.
            There's a web site called audiocarma.org you can go to......lots of techies there with good info....watch out though, they all talk in tongues over there ;D

Comment

alt nation and octane on sirius

Comment

I'm listening to my ipod. a good mix of 80's metal, alternative, funny rap, and death metal, with some Bruce Springsteen for good measure!

Mike

Comment

ZZ Top "Tres Hombres"

Comment

Long live Frampton!
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
                      ZZ Top "Tres Hombres"
                      Hard to beat early ZZ. My favorite is their "First Album". Them boys know how to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron

Long live Frampton!
                        Frampton's a great musician but I've always been a HUGE fan of Steve Marriott (even when he was with the Small Faces). He was a way underrated guitarist and he had the nastiest vocals. Unfortunately, he was killed in a fire at his estate back in 91. Greg Ridley (bass player) died from pneumonia in 2003. There’s only half the original Pie left, Jerry Shirley and Peter Frampton. I like the music of the original member best because Marriott and Frampton made an awesome writing team and I love Marriott's early blues influence.......

Comment

www.radionigel.com

cheers
                          Ed N.
                          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Somebody beat me to posting this topic!

I listen to ALOT of music, Mostly when im drawing. Stuff like Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, the Doors, Eagles, ZZ top, Aerosmith, Canned heat, Geoge Thorogood, Janis Joplin, etc..

There is a band called The Black Keys. There are truly amazing. Two guys from Ohio, got started in a basement (as it should be), and they are gaining popularity exceptionally quick, for good reason. I know im really picky about new music, mostly cause its all a bunch of whiney or screamy stuff, repeditive riffs and talentless cute faces. but these guys truly put together music. Great transition, style, and sound. You hear a bunch of influences of zeppelin, beatles, doors, and even some Hendrix in their songs and style. Influences does not mean ripping off however!

If you like greasy blues rock so thick you can smell the ciggarettes and taste the whiskey, then these guys are right up your alley. That goes for you staunchy old farts who think rock died in the 70's. Break the mold and listen to something new. Rock didnt die, it just went into hiding.

All of their songs are solid home runs. Try to find a copy of "magic potion" or just listen to the album online. If you know who Junior Kimbrough is, they have an album out entirely of his songs called Chulahoma.

Here's a music video, 10am Automatic by The Black Keys.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPGm...eature=related

Heres another, Called strange desire. the video is definitly strange, haha
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umP58...eature=related

Im not a fan of the video but the song is amazing
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKXlgISd3iA

I was listenening to the Black Keys but i hopped over to Ugly Kid Joe to have a laugh.

Are there any other black keys fans here?

Comment

96 Rock, until Pink Floyd, or the new Kid Rock song comes on.... Just some wore out crap if you ask me. Pink Floyd is more wore out than a...(insert phrase about inexpensive prostitution)

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
                                96 Rock, until Pink Floyd, or the new Kid Rock song comes on.... Just some wore out crap if you ask me. Pink Floyd is more wore out than a...(insert phrase about inexpensive prostitution)
                                Pink Floyd is more wore out than Courtney love, or at least half of her.

haha, agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X